• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sumsung 1.5TB Hard Drive Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AzAzEl656

Hi

I recently asked on the forums which hard drive I should buy and decided to buy a Samsung 1.5TB Eco Green 3.5 Inch Sata 2 HDD

I've been having some stutter issues on it for a couple of days now and installed Crystal Disk Info to see if it will tell me if there are any issues.

Here is a screenshot of crystal disk:

crystal.jpg

I don't really understand the problem here and was hoping someone here would be abble to assist me with this.

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry. I misread the post.When I watch a video it freezes and continues about a second later. It happens at random intervals but it happens a lot. I had issues copying files to the drive but I thought that could just be a firewall issue. Would I be able to fix this with a scandisk or do I need to send the HDD back?

Last edited:
The drive is in my system at the moment. Swapped out on of the 250GB drives for the 1.5TB. I don't know if the copy issue might be related to anything. I just thought I'd add that. I haven't tried a different cable but it's the same one I used with my older 250GB and I never had issues with it. I've had this drive for about two weeks now and only recently noticed the issue. I don't think the place I bought it from will replace it for me.

Back