• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win ME log on screen and core temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

erjed

Registered
Has anyone else noticed this?

I have a P III 1GHz.
I use a compunurse to monitor my core temps. MoBo does not have any thermistors so the compunurse is my only way of measuring temps.
I use Windows ME and I share the computer with another person so we both have different usernames.
When windows starts, it goes to the log on screen (blue background with small log on window).
It seems very strange but if I don't log on and leave it at this screen, my core temps climbs up and does not stop climbing. The HD light is off, so I figure there is no HD activity. But there seems to be a lot of processor activity, as if it was running on full load when in fact the computer is doing nothing. No programs has been loaded yet and when I press ctrl-alt-del there are no programs listed.
Before I got the compunurse, i used to leave the computer at this screen so that it is easier to log in for any one of us. I wasn't aware that the processor was being stressed so much and that a lot of heat was being produced.
Note: After logging in, the temps drop like a rock until it reaches my idle temps.

Hope someone can explain this. Is there any problem with my system configuration?

Thanks.

Back