• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My rig and diablo 3 (not sure where to post thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

palwe

Hi guys. diablo 3 is only out in about a year but id like thoughts on my computer and its potential to play the game.

i wont be worrying about upgrades or anything yet, if it turns out the rigs no good for the game then ill address this closer to the games release. so the current system:

core2duo e6750 2.66ghz
2gb corsair twinx ddr2 6400
gigabyte ga-n650 sli-ds4l s775 mobo
xfx 8800gt

how does this stack up? im looking for smooth game play, which isnt restricted by the pc.

thanks in advance

Grab 2 more GB of RAM and call it a day. Depending on the res you play at you might want to up the graphics card to something a bit more powerful. A 4870 would suit nicely.

I would upgrade the video card to at least a geforce 260, but if everything is fine for you now I would wait until 1 month before the release to upgrade the card, that way prices are down or there are better options by then.

And we all know how Blizzard will take forever to release a game to make sure it is perfect. Might take like 2 years =)

i know, im thinking it will be about 18 months before its out. but it pains me to say it so i called it a year which soothed my pains somewhat. however the wait i am sure will be well worth it as it is looking awesome.

i intend on waiting until nearer the time to upgrade as there will be cheap buys as ther always is. i would also say ther'll be a range not yet available and peoples recommendations would change yet again.

in terms of buying a 4870 or a geforce 260 tho, would this rig not bottleneck them, how higher performance card could i go before its bottlenecked?

as a whole, how does this rig fare in todays market, is it a dweeb? ive been out of the pc game for a couple years now (since i built this) so am not ofay with the latest kit.

The 4870 is about as far up as I would go. Anything more and you're bottlenecking. But even if the game doesn't come out for a while, I would look at upgrading your RAM to 4GB. You WILL notice a difference, just browsing the web. Your CPU isn't bad. It's a pretty fast dual core. If you want to upgrade that, the next thing up is a S775 quad core. It's probably not worth it for you to go with a whole new platform, like AM3 or Intel i5.

Back