• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Genome@home info please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMDownz23

Registered
I'm THIS " " close to dropping f@h from my machines at home..It's bad enough I have to take my results to work to send them because half their servers don't like modems. NOW I "successfully" send 12 or so native villin results that are 2-3 days old max and I see no credit! Wow! :eek:

I took a look at the stats page for g@h and the only reference to overclockers.com shows them ranked 480 with only 2 users who haven't made a contribution in ages. Is overclockers only doing f@h? I want to do some kind of project for this website except SETI. Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Thanks.

we do not have a genome@home team. a long time back we decided to go with folding and seti. i havent had any problems with sending wu's. perhaps if you explain what went wrong someone can help.

Check it out

http://forums.overclockers.ws/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59302

note that KFB is having similar problems

Other than flaming Vijay I think I've done my best.

Maybe I'll revive the Genome team..If you don't want me to I'll just start my own .I'll still contribute to f@h with the machines at work but I'm really wasting my time and going berzerk at home. I still can't get dsl/cable, but all surrounding towns can..Imagine that.:eh?:

AMDownz23,
According to Den's page, you are really putting in the WU's and ranked 10th in output. I've had the same problem as you, as far as the queue building up on my boxen, but the work is getting through as Den's page has me down as 17th in work output. I don't have the option as you do, to send work in through the office connection. My work is still getting through; it's just that 1/2 the damn servers that Stanford has don't finish up comunications right with your machines over dialup, and they say that the WU isn't transmitted, and it really is. I just use a sendall.exe command that ploaf had posted to me in another thread and I use it several times, then go delte the wudata results that I've been trying to send. It's still a pain in the *ss, but I know my work is getting through, so I'm happy. I just wish that they would fix the bug in their servers so it wouldn't do this in the first place.

I've had more problems with a few servers in particular:111, 90, and 117, with 111 being the worst.

So, in closing, I hope that you will try this out and keep Folding with everything, man.

Fold on for team 32!:beer:

muddocktor

I tried the -sendall thing before and it had no effect..It's like exiting and restarting the client over and over again (which I do A LOT) when units don't send..Let me tell you, not getting credit for those villin's is still bothering me..let me check..nope still no credit.

I may give this one more chance but if it happens again where the modem friendly server jacks me, that's it for sure..

One other thing, man; don't make yourself a stranger and come visit more often. I see you only have 6 posts, but you are rated #11 on the overclockers.com Folding@Home team. We appreciate anyone coming in and talking about their triumphs and toils with F@H here, specially the members of out team.

I appreciate that but I didn't feel the need to post until I had a problem..I'm not one to brag about my systems or make comments about every little thing..I think being a tech at a computer reseller has taken it's toll on me.:burn:

I have one other question for you. When you set up all your rigs, did you just set it up on one machine then copy the folder over to the other computers? If you did, then you probably copied the machine id over too and all the rigs are reporting in as the same computer.

Just a thought that I had, hope it helps.

I just looked at statsman and they are showing you credit for 6 Wu's by 08:00 this morning on the graphs.

At home I copied client.cfg,core.exe and the client into several different folders onto each machine so I could run several at once..At work I just copied .cfg and client to one folder on each machine since they are on T1's...Is this why it's so lame at home? If so I don't know how to get around it. I obviously want to be credited for every unit each client does.

AMDownz23 said:
At home I copied client.cfg,core.exe and the client into several different folders onto each machine so I could run several at once..At work I just copied .cfg and client to one folder on each machine since they are on T1's...Is this why it's so lame at home? If so I don't know how to get around it. I obviously want to be credited for every unit each client does.

I doubt that that is the problem since this has been a problem for most of our dialup members, although it probably doesn't help.
For the machines to turn in work properly each client needs to have a unique ID. You could probably just get away with deleting the id# in the client.cfg's and it should fetch a new id for each client.

There was another message around here about a UD team. This is cancer research, although I believe that a profit will be generated through the research. I believe the thread was called cancer folding, or something like that. That and genome are still scientific efforts. I'd hate to see division in the team, but this is an obvious problem without an obvious solution and it's still a worthy project. Either way we will still be looking for a fix for your problem.

Ploaf I just tried removing the ID# and restarted the client..It gave me a new # of course but removed the team info and my name from client.cfg..that didn't give me a good vibe so I restored to the old .cfg..

Thanks to all who have responded so far..I didn't expect this much feedback.

AMDownz23 said:
Ploaf I just tried removing the ID# and restarted the client..It gave me a new # of course but removed the team info and my name from client.cfg..that didn't give me a good vibe so I restored to the old .cfg..

Thanks to all who have responded so far..I didn't expect this much feedback.

That is fine just reenter the info, your name and team 32.

Okay I'll have them converted by the end of Wednesday. Each one here at home has 2-5 work units that won't upload so I'd rather not start each client over till they finish their current work..that's 16 clients total.

Thanks.

amdownz, ive had the same problem, and just gave up....

my queue was always full, couldnt send bla bla bla....

Hey guys. check the stats it has been stated in the email list that sometimes on dialup they are still counting they just arent getting the verification from the server so they arent deleted they just stay in the queue. if you are getting credit in the stats then it is safe to delete the queue. They know about the problem and it should be fixed in the next core update which should be in about a week. Fold on!!!

Back