• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UT franchise dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

so has there been any news on weither or not there'll be another UT and hopefully better one?

or is cliffy b too ****ed still?

this has happened before (ut2003 any one?) so i could see a better game comming from it if they persue

Epic's mode of attack these days is to just churn out new engines for all the other dev studios to lease from them. So I doubt UT is dead per se, but dont expect really anything fancy for the time being.

After the blockbuster that was UT3...

Last edited:
Well I told *everyone* UT3 was doomed to failure.

"Let's just screw up everything that made UT2004 one of the best, most well-loved, and best selling shooters of all time."

I had no intention of picking up UT2004... until I played the demo with Onslaught (or gauntlet or whatever it is). I could NOT STOP PLAYING... and that was just the demo! It really got people hooked.

Then they took out onslaught and released, in my opinion (when compared to Bioshock, Crysis, etc) one of the worst demos in the history of first person shooters. They decided to basically make it a scaled-down remake of Gears of War. And then... to begin with... it didn't even work right.

This is what happens...

sadly UT3 Black can't even be given away, i've seen sales as low as 7$ and no one buys it >.<

They should really churn out another good game, Unreal 2 was a epic single-player game. Why cant they made a sequel the end was pretty open ended.

+ its graphics back then were ace for that game.

I think UT could come back to life all they needa do is remake UT2k4 identically with better graphics and that would do it for me.

sadly UT3 Black can't even be given away, i've seen sales as low as 7$ and no one buys it >.<

I haven't bought it. And I could've had it for $5!

I went OUT OF MY WAY not to buy UT2003.

It was included in packs with UT2004 and I *still* didn't buy it.

I don't know what the hell is wrong with them anyway.

Unreal Tournament.... Unreal Tournament 2 Unreal Tournament 2003 Unreal Tournament 2004... Unreal Tournament 3?!?!

So you haven't even played it other than the demo? It's a good game, it's just overshadowed by other modern shooters because it's gameplay is so old school. Everyone likes squad based shooters with slower action.

So you haven't even played it other than the demo? It's a good game, it's just overshadowed by other modern shooters because it's gameplay is so old school. Everyone likes squad based shooters with slower action.

I agree it wasn't a bad game, but I liked UT2k4 the most. It had adrenaline it was fast paced. It was good. UT3 was ok, but not as good at UT2k4 imo.

I love the UT gameplay though, I love fast paced shooters.

I'm so gonna install UT2k4 again when I get home.

I agree it wasn't a bad game, but I liked UT2k4 the most. It had adrenaline it was fast paced. It was good. UT3 was ok, but not as good at UT2k4 imo.

I love the UT gameplay though, I love fast paced shooters.

I'm so gonna install UT2k4 again when I get home.

ok off topic monkey....

unless the cores in the processor in your laptop are fighting one another in a duel.....you need to use dual instead.

i'm sorry it just bugs me, its like one of those craigslist ads that are "Need to Sale" or "this car has a manuel transmission"

i dont buy cars from those people

I wonder what it must feel like to be a game developer and release a ****ty game that fails. I'd probably become an alcoholic.

Well in UT3's case I bet that Epic couldn't give a damn in light of the success of Gears of War 1 & 2.

ok off topic monkey....

unless the cores in the processor in your laptop are fighting one another in a duel.....you need to use dual instead.

i'm sorry it just bugs me, its like one of those craigslist ads that are "Need to Sale" or "this car has a manuel transmission"

i dont buy cars from those people

Wtf are you talking about?

UT3 was *** at launch, completely paled in comparison to UT2K4, and then you had that moron Cliff going on every gaming site that would give him an interview talking about how PC gaming sucked and anyone that had a PC good enough to play games was a pirate. Epic is going to have to not only release a great game, but also do some kiss-up work to it's established fanbase after that idiot went around burning bridges. Luckily I've noticed a distinct lack of comments from him, so maybe they took him off PR duty.

UT3 was *** at launch, completely paled in comparison to UT2K4, and then you had that moron Cliff going on every gaming site that would give him an interview talking about how PC gaming sucked and anyone that had a PC good enough to play games was a pirate. Epic is going to have to not only release a great game, but also do some kiss-up work to it's established fanbase after that idiot went around burning bridges. Luckily I've noticed a distinct lack of comments from him, so maybe they took him off PR duty.

Agreed, "CliffyB" is a complete tool for burning the fanbase that got Epic to where it could develop the cash cow that is the Gears of War series. I also dislike how UE3 has become the most popular game engine, it's rubbish.

Back