• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7, down falls... Admins needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joeteck

Retired
Ok, I recently moved to Windows 7 and I'm starting to notice functions that were once in XP are not removed in Windows 7 (Messenger service). I had in XP a scheduled task that printed a text file to my printer every morning @ 9AM. Within my login script it logged the username, machine name, time and date to a file on the server. Works very well, however I have to do print this manually now as the script is now broken. I needed to track users and what workstations they logged into every day and or more than once a day, and multiple workstations if they did...

The command was this: %systemRoot%\notepad.exe /p "\\Dc2003\logs\LogOns.txt"

I get this error: Unsupported personality: PCL, which means it does not support DOS, however its a windows program, with DOS switches to print.

I changed it to %systemRoot%\write.exe /p "\\Dc2003\logs\LogOns.txt" to be more compatible with Windows 7

and I still get the same error.

Any help in this matter would be great.

Just in case you want the code, here is is:

code---------

:Logging
If Exist "\\<SERVERNAME>\share\LogOns.txt" GoTo START
Echo Log File > "\\<servername>\share\LogOns.txt"
:START
Echo %USERNAME%, %COMPUTERNAME%, %Date%, %Time% >> "\\<SERVERNAME>\share\LogOns.txt"
Netstat -an |find "3389" |find /I "established" >> "\\<SERVERNAME>\share\LogOns.txt"

--------code

Last edited:
Forget it... I reset the power on the printer and it worked..... Strange... Now why did it do that in the first place.... lol

I think some of those features can now be downloaded manually. Windows Essentials I think?

Back