• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

World of Goo on sale for "whatever price you like"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Leviathan41

2D Boy website said:
World of Goo is 1 year old today! How time flies… the 2DBOYs are so proud!

To celebrate the occasion, we thought we’d try a fun experiment – starting today and ending on October 19, you can buy World of Goo at whatever price you like – one cent, a million dollars, the usual twenty, or any creative number they let you type into the text field. If you played and liked the game but hadn’t yet paid for it, this is your chance at redemption!

Definitely an interesting sale and the game is very good.

http://2dboy.com/games.php

This is for PC, Mac, and Linux and is a download copy (No DRM).

EDIT: Their website is getting hammered at the moment.
EDIT2: Website is still having problems, it's been up and down all day, keep trying, the deal lasts for about a week though, so no hurry yet.

Last edited:
Dammit I got through payment now I can't download the game. I'm just giving a penny, I already own the game, but wouldn't mind a linux copy.

Dammit I got through payment now I can't download the game. I'm just giving a penny, I already own the game, but wouldn't mind a linux copy.

Way to show your support for indie developers :screwy: It cost them more than that penny to receive the payment and provide the download...

Once you buy it you can download all three (maybe more now, donno) versions from the link they send you.

For those of you who haven't bought it, you're looking at quite a bit of entertainment. It's worth the full $20 IMO, and i'm a cheapskate :p

ya if i can pay one penny for something that normally costs 20 bucks.... ima pay one damn penny. They take paypal ya? i guess ill find out when the site gets back up.

Definitely an interesting sale and the game is very good.

http://2dboy.com/games.php

This is for PC, Mac, and Linux and is a download copy (No DRM).

EDIT: Their website is getting hammered at the moment.

They were giving it away free (the PC version) when it first came out.

I've had it a long time. Still don't even know what it is. How big was your download?

They were giving it away free (the PC version) when it first came out.

I've had it a long time. Still don't even know what it is. How big was your download?
Are you sure you are thinking of World of Goo? I don't think it was ever free from the developer. :confused:

The filesize is 67 MB.

no key for the install.... really... cmon a simple google search of the file name turns tons o stuff up. :rolleyes: i just spent a penny for nothing :p

Way to show your support for indie developers :screwy: It cost them more than that penny to receive the payment and provide the download...

Keep your comments to yourself. If you would have even considered other possibilities, you might have checked my steam account and noticed I already own the damned game on steam.

I've shown my support, I just want to play it on my linux box. And quite frankly, I should freely be allowed to do it. And not to mention, I've bought the damned game twice on steam, and only got one copy. I'm due for a copy for a penny at this point. (once by itself, once in a huge indie package, so yes I'm not bsing you).

So go somewhere else with your hippy bs.

Are you sure you are thinking of World of Goo? I don't think it was ever free from the developer. :confused:

The filesize is 67 MB.

It was DEFINITELY free. That was the website. That's why I asked for the filesize. I actually thought it was a fake website. But I downloaded that game a looooooooong time ago.

Like before it's official release. (But after it came out on Nintendo.)

It was DEFINITELY free. That was the website. That's why I asked for the filesize. I actually thought it was a fake website. But I downloaded that game a looooooooong time ago.

Like before it's official release. (But after it came out on Nintendo.)
Demo? Did this have a demo?

Still has a demo i think.
It's the first 25% of the game, with no restrictions beyond that.

I finally got my copy after paying a second time. Hurray. :) Now I've got a copy I can play on linux.

Back