• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Screwed for mods. Again.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

What's the deal with these incredible mods that make it 9/10ths of the way then disappear? What's with free releases that are about to come out then they're gone like the wind?

Wasn't I supposed to have my free Mechwarrior 4 by now?

Wasn't Doom 3 GX 2 mod supposed to be out about a year ago?

:mad:

Most of them are made by a bunch of game enthusiasts... Enthusiasm for a game goes down, so does the mod.

Sucks, but what can you do.

Poor project management. Large development projects need good leadership - if it was run well, the release date would be something more realistic than "any day now" for a year.

If you want an example of a well run mod, check realitymod.com
They pretty much made a new game from the BF2 engine that's better than Armed Assault 2 and OF Dragon Rising. They keep churning out updates, making it better, and look how many players it has gotten them: Members: 36,855
It's pretty amazing.

I want black mesa source as well, however I am wondering if it still being developed, there has not really been any updates in a year

I want black mesa source as well, however I am wondering if it still being developed, there has not really been any updates in a year

Iv noticed that too... keep going to the website to see some good news but it hasnt been updated in almost a year... :confused:

people get on with real life, so many ideas are great at the time, then after a year or so people lose interest, move on, or just dont care anymore, then you have to hope someone else comes along and picks it up and takes it, kind of the like GoldenEye source mod, has been going on what, almost 3 years now with very slow to little progress, so much so i lost any interest in wanting to play it now.

Been waiting on this Tribes-like mod of ET:QW. Perhaps it's flushed down the cesspool of irrelevance also by now.

Back