• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Refrigerated Circulation Bath

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Antifreeze

I have just aquired a Refrigerated circulation bath from work (it was being thrown away).
This baby is designed for cooling lab instruments, and can maintain temps down to -20, and has a built in pump.
I just wondered if there were any problems with taking things this cold (comp does not run all time so i'm worried about the cpu getting damaged cooling then warming a lot)

Also does anyone know what sort of antifreeze i should use.

All help is appreciated, as this is my 1st attemt at water cooling.

Should be fine provided the insulation is really thick. From my own experience I would suggest at least 1" (25mm) thick and remember to do the underneath. I only switch my pump on while working.
You'll need about 40% antifreeze and then you will have to see how you go. I am using ethylene glycol based stuff.

use the green kind of antifreez, make sure it has that gly... stufff i dunno how to spell it..
and ull have to insulate your mobo from condenstsion, cuz giving the WB -20 will give alot of condenstsion depeneding on room temp

Back