• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

upgrade gtz to something else

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s002wjh

just curious if its worth to upgrade gtz to xt or heatkiller block for i7? i'm not sure the improvement i will get by switching waterblock.

You could stick with switech and get the XT!

Although, I am not sure the 3.x degree difference is really worth the money.

Are you temp limited on overclocks? If yes get a better block. The XT is best, I don't care what Gila keeps saying. For ease of use and proven temp results, the XT. You want the Uber, best by temps and hard core proven? Stay with the best HK 3.0, be careful there is up to 4 now different ones to buy.

But ONLY if your temp limited on overclocks.

Are you temp limited on overclocks? If yes get a better block. The XT is best, I don't care what Gila keeps saying. For ease of use and proven temp results, the XT. You want the Uber, best by temps and hard core proven? Stay with the best HK 3.0, be careful there is up to 4 now different ones to buy.

But ONLY if your temp limited on overclocks.

The only drawback about HK is the $8 extra for the backplate both blocks costs the same, but other than that you get german precision machined vs cheap cast base machined finished with nearly the same performance but the hk beats in terms of flow... hmmm difficult choice.:bang head

i guess 3 degree is not really worth it spend another $90 on waterblock. i'm OC limited by voltage not temp. at load its $69 degree so not bad. don't know should i or shouldn't i:bang head

i guess 3 degree is not really worth it spend another $90 on waterblock. i'm OC limited by voltage not temp. at load its $69 degree so not bad. don't know should i or shouldn't i:bang head

In my opinion, no, don't "upgrade."

It isn't worth the money, and the GTZ has an amazing mounting system. (A huge plus for me since I change CPUs a couple times per week) I assume you are using a little washer on each of the 4 screws? If not, put a thin washer on each one and you will probably see 1-3C lower temps just from that.

In my opinion, no, don't "upgrade."

It isn't worth the money, and the GTZ has an amazing mounting system. (A huge plus for me since I change CPUs a couple times per week) I assume you are using a little washer on each of the 4 screws? If not, put a thin washer on each one and you will probably see 1-3C lower temps just from that.

what is this washer u talking about? i never seen people said anything about put washer will lower temp? thought this will increase the space between block and CPU?

what is this washer u talking about? i never seen people said anything about put washer will lower temp? thought this will increase the space between block and CPU?

It will DECREASE the space. Put a washer on the screw, between the bottom of the spring and the top of the hold down plate.

You may have noticed that the screws are only threaded so far, so they can only be tightened a certain amount. If you add a washer, you can tighten them all the way down and have better mounting pressure :santa:

The washer is between the top of the screw and the CPU block. making the GTZ block tighter when screwed down. The GTZ could use a bit more mounting pressure, still foolproof in my book.

Back