• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ati HD4890: 1 Sapphire Vap-X + 1 HIS, It's possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sentinelvdx

Hi,

I have a HIS HD4890 and I want to make a crossfire, but I'm not sure if doing it with another HIS or If I can do it with the Sapphire vapor-x model.
This question started because my vendor has in stock the sapphire, and if i want a HIS he has a big delay to have it.

Please let me know if it's compatible or there's going to be any trouble using cards from differente manufacturers.

thanks,

Shouldn't be an issue.
Lotta people crossfire/SLI different brands of the same card without issue.

Thanks Guys, I'll check the clock and mem speed too.
If not i'll overclock the one that is below.

If I'm not wrong the one he has on stock is the Vapor-X turbo, so I'll have to OC the HIS one.

Yes it will work just fine, you will be limited as far as frequencies on the memory/core to the card that has the lowest frequencies. Someone has already stated this above, but yes this is a definite yes due to the fact that CrossfireX will also work with say a 4890/4870 as well a 4870/4850. Myself personally I have seen the 4870/4850 in my own rig and was pleased with it's performance.

Yea at one point I had 4 x 4890's running from 4 different vendors with clock speeds all over the place. Synced em up and no problems.

:beer:
Yea at one point I had 4 x 4890's running from 4 different vendors with clock speeds all over the place. Synced em up and no problems.

Yes, I have OC my HIS card in order to have it with same clock when I install on monday the Sapphire one.

I'll give an update once I installed.

Thanks,

Quick question... why not sell the 4890 and pick up a 5870 instead of doing 4890CF?

Definitly better idea, yeah with 2x4890 you will (maybe)have better perfomanse but remeber no matter how many 4890's you put in you wont have dx11

Quick question... why not sell the 4890 and pick up a 5870 instead of doing 4890CF?

I have no problem with that, but the main issue there is that here the importing taxes are too high that makes the card too expensive with no sense.

4890 CF beats 1 5870, but you lose directx11 support. CF 4890s is a killer setup right now considering you can pick 2 up for about 250 bucks used.

Back