• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So...Conumdrum have a question for you

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

I7 OC'd to 4.0 at 1.23, stock SLI 275 GTX's, one loop with MCR 320 and MCR 220. This should be doable right? I wanted 2 320's but all MC had in stock on the 320 was the stackable and no way am I paying a 20.00 premium for something I wouldn't use. They had the 420 for less than the stackable 320, but there is nowhere to feasibly put that monster in or on an HAF932 unless you like it sticking a few inches above the case. I'm going to try to fit the 220 on the inside by the hd cage if possible.

picard-facepalm.jpg

Seriously though, you already bought everything. Just rig it up and see. I would think it would be doable depending on your conditions.

That's plenty of cooling for what you're doing.

Look at it this way - the triple rad by itself is more than capable of handling your GPU's, and the double rad can easily handle the i7.

That's plenty of cooling for what you're doing.

Look at it this way - the triple rad by itself is more than capable of handling your GPU's, and the double rad can easily handle the i7.
you are not conundrum!!! :p

you are not allowed input

I7 OC'd to 4.0 at 1.23, stock SLI 275 GTX's, one loop with MCR 320 and MCR 220. This should be doable right? I wanted 2 320's but all MC had in stock on the 320 was the stackable and no way am I paying a 20.00 premium for something I wouldn't use. They had the 420 for less than the stackable 320, but there is nowhere to feasibly put that monster in or on an HAF932 unless you like it sticking a few inches above the case. I'm going to try to fit the 220 on the inside by the hd cage if possible.

if you put 120mm fans on the side window/mesh thing, im pretty sure you can fit a 220 rad on there, so long as you have the space for it.
i donno how much bigger your cards are than mine, but i think i could probably fit a 220 rad, with push&pull fans on it, and still clear my video card

I value everyone's opinion. I never thought about installing the 220 on the side door, but wouldn't that be a pain in the rear? How do you get the tubing sized and installed?

picard-facepalm.jpg

Seriously though, you already bought everything. Just rig it up and see. I would think it would be doable depending on your conditions.

+1 for facepalm. Excellent. :beer:

Edit: Not commentary on the thread, but the pic. So its OT - don't tase me mods. :D

You need about 2.5" for the radiator and fan. If you have that with your case and it doesn't come too close up against anything inside it, then its a viable option.

I would mount the radiator so that its up against the side panel. Maybe use some sort of silicon bead around it if it isn't sealing very well. Then get those "euro" style barbs which are shorter than the normal ones. Mount your fans on the inside...everything should fit pretty well within 2.5" deep.

Just remember that the fan speed you choose should be higher rather than lower. Actually...maybe not, you'd have to look at the CFM x temp to determine how much heat was being dumped into the case. I was just thinking that lower speed fans see a delta of up to 16C which means you'd be dumping roughly 36C air into the case. Seems kinda high.

Higher speed fan would dump lower temp air into the case, but more of it. That would be a good article if anybody is interested. :) Calculate the overall heat effects of internally mounted radiators.

Yea, it's doable. If the delta T is too high then it's not doable. Your milage may vary. This input is not guarenteed or sponsored the the US Government TARP funds.

I'm not bonded or tested for H1N1, so beware.

all you have to do to find a more definite answer yourself it to use something like the Outer Vision PSU calculator to get an idea of wattage used buy your GPUs and CPU, and then head over to Skinnee labs and pull up the CW ratings for the rads at the airflow you are looking to have. That will give you a good idea of whether or not the Delta T will be within you liking.

Okay, on to serious work. We have no clue on the heat load on your GPU yet. I think it's a pretty good............

Ack 11 hours at work today, who knows over the next 3 days. Cutting a HUGE press down from 48" to 44" to save money. You goobers need to buy newspapers.

Who am I talking to? Internet GODS......................NM.

I'll revisit when I got a life.

Well, I found another MCR 320 at Microcenter across town yesterday. Bring it home and after 8 hours of work, thanks to having to install the GPU stuff (I appreciate that Swiftech gives the 200 mounting plate with the MCW60 for free, but they should have that one preinstalled and not the 8800 plate), and the rad box. I was planning on using Fat Boys on the rad, but one of them had a drip from not getting a good seal with the o-ring. That took awhile to figure out how to drain it enough to change the barb.

There is absolutely no way to either run SLI in the two blue slots or put clamps on the MCR60's with the 275 full coverage heatsink. There is not enough clearance between the barbs or the heat sink ribs. Glad I had a few really small cable ties. I really don't think you need any clamps with those plastic barbs they give you. They give a much tighter seal than traditional barbs. The Swiftech full coverage heat sinks are a much better value than individual sinks. It may not be copper, but it won't fall off over time and is cheaper than two eight packs of the sinks.

I "thought" I ran out of tubing at the end in the last foot that I needed, so I grabbed one leftover piece I had, but it happened to be red. It works...WTH. After I finished, I looked on the floor and saw that I still had over 2 feets left of the clear.

First Vantage run gave me max temps of 35 on each GPU and 50 on the CPU's during teh Physix run. Much better temmps than high 60's than I was getting before.

005pf.jpg

I had to look at that a while to figure out what was going on, lol. Must be Sunday morning.

Pump>Rad1>CPU>Graphics1>Rad2>Graphics2>Res>Pump.

AMIRITE?

Could probably change it up to eliminate some of the length of the lines but looks good.

That's how it's running. Normally I would do res--pump--cpu--gpu1--gpu2--rad2--rad1--res, but there is no way without running 90 degree angles to join the two gpu's in series. The bend is too tight else either it would kink or have too much excess to put the side panel on with the 230 mm fan. That's one good thing about full coverage blocks that he barbs run vertically, but both waterblocks and heatsinks were only a little bit more expensive than just one full cover block with not as much weight.

Too bad the bottom GPU is only running at 4x. Only the Deluxe has 8x. I'd prefer to run them both in the 16x slots, but there's not that much of a hit in most things, It seems to be on par with running both in the 16x slots without the SLI bridge.

Back