• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Now that Winter is on it's way..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

I have clocked my Q6600 back to 3gig, but with the lesser memory I have now...OCZ ddr2 800 and my Kingston ddr2 1200 won't go much over 400mhz fsb, together (atm) but the machine is still fast...I mean it is smokin through the F@H Wu's like crazy.
I have had the kingston mem up to around 550mhz I think, but that was a little less than six months ago.
I clocked the rig down to stock during the summer as it gets too freakin hot in my computer room..the computer can handle the heat, but I can't :mad:
And in the mean time I got some cheap OCZ DDR2 800 for emergencies and decided to add it to my rig for a total of 4 gig. So now I need to play a bit to see how far I can push this cheapo ram. I know that the Kingston ram can handle 2+ volts, but I'm not sure about the OCZ ram taking the juice. Of course I'm gonna try it as soon as I get some ******** as the brits call them.
Next summer I think I'm going to channel the heat out the floor of my room with ducting.
Anyhow, it should be fun seeing where this memory tops out.

Back