• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More 64 bit & 32 bit Key Confusion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barryng

I just received the two upgrade packages (W7 Professional & W7 Home Premium) yesterday I purchased a few months back when they had the $100 & $50 specials. As soon as I receive my new Intel SSDs, I am going to upgrade our machines.

Until a few days ago I gave no serious consideration to installing the 64 bit version due to compatibility concerns. However, over the past few days, I read a number of threads on various forums that have allayed these compatibility fears. I also noticed that both upgrade packages came with two DVDs; a 32 bit DVD & a 64 bit DVD. Since I am upgrading from XP, I have to do a clean install. Therefore, I decided to go 64 bit. Will the single product key support either the 32 or 64 bit installations?

Yes, the key will work for both x86 and x64 versions, but you are only allowed to install one of the two with the single key.

Back