• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocked i7 975 to 4.12 need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nasser

hi I have overclocked my 975 to 4.117 ghz when it was on auto cpu v it turned on with 1.4v i turned it right away off, btw the multiplier is set to 23 speed at 179 and then I set it at 1.289 v worked well then i tried to squeez it down to 1.25v. Please check the picture and tell me if that is an ok v and how do I check stability.

my system:
i7 975 ex
zalman cooler
asus rampage extreme II
6 g b x 3 g series patriot
295 gtx
sniper cooling case
1100 v psu

oc31.jpg

ran 95 prim multi test temp was 70c-78 lceft for 30 mins pc shut down

Last edited:
Id run a short run of the program LINX (about 10 passes full ram usage, 20 with half ram usage). If it passes that, then go ahead and start a long term test, which is Prime95. Ive found w/ i7 that the CPU itself (cores) usually arent the failure, its something else (QPI usually..??). Prime95 will error when LINX will pass for hours at time, and vice versa.

Run P95 for about 8 hours and if you get through both LINX and P95, you should be stable enough :D Temps can max out around 85c without having to worry. 90c, think about better cooling.

Ive found w/ i7 that the CPU itself (cores) usually arent the failure, its something else (QPI usually..??).

Totally agree... if your aiming for a 4.2Ghz.. I would go with 150Bclk and 28* Multi - but the QPI is probably your issue..

( I can't see the pic whilst I am in work so I may be way off but will have a look when I get home again ).

Back