• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Normal temp range for the i5-750

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

simviatoR

Looked around, couldn't find a concrete answer..

What is the max load temp for the i5? I would like to know before tinkering with the volts and whatnot.

"They start to thermal throttle usually at 99C or 100C. Anything less than that is within spec and shouldn't hurt anything. As long as your computer is stable then you don't have to be too concerned about your core temperature. Intel CPUs do a great job of looking after themselves."

I would say 90c is the max before meltdown/implosion or internal failure ;)

Geez, I remember when I had to watercool my Prescott because the temps were in the 50C range. Now 99C is "normal"?

99 sure is hell not normal but will not damage it as much as some of the older cpus.

The average I have seen is 30-65 with proper cooling.

Reply from Intel customer support:
"The maximum operating temperature of the Intel® Core™ i5-750 Processor is 72.7 degrees Celsius. As long as the processor is operating under this temperature it is operating within specifications."

http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLBLC

If you click for more info it says:

"Thermal Specification: The thermal specification shown is the maximum case temperature at the maximum Thermal Design Power (TDP) value for that processor. It is measured at the geometric center on the topside of the processor integrated heat spreader. For processors without integrated heat spreaders such as mobile processors, the thermal specification is referred to as the junction temperature (Tj). The maximum junction temperature is defined by an activation of the processor Intel® Thermal Monitor. The Intel Thermal Monitor’s automatic mode is used to indicate that the maximum TJ has been reached."

Back