• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best video card for 75-125$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

garrett27

Registered
What is the best video card i can get between 75 an 125$ i used to have a Geforce7600 gt oc but it took a **** the other day. I got artifacts out the *** just randomly =(. i have an older e machines mother board so im pretty sure it can only support pci express x 16 and maybe 2.0 x16 ( not sure if thats compatible if anyone knows that would be great) any help would be fantastic thanks guys.

PCIe2.0 cards are backwards compatible...

THose HD4870's are a nice deal. Just make sure you arent going to upgrade to/use a 1920x1080 or higher monitor as with AA on you can easily be using more than 512mb of ram in some games, especially the newer ones.

4870 1Gb hands down the best card you can get for that price range. x16 1.0 and x16 2.0 are cross compatible, 2.0 cards work in 1.0 and 1.0 work in 2.0.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121325

what about this? i dunno about 4870 vs 4850 though...

I thought the cooling for them was pretty bad...

I found this one to be good:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102849

alot of places are dropping the prices for the 4870 now that the 5xxx are out.

So wait maybe a month if possible and it would be in your range or check google for deals. Some coupons are running 4870's for 130 or less now.

Just found this deal and posted about it :http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=6283169#post6283169

What is the best video card i can get between 75 an 125$ i used to have a Geforce7600 gt oc but it took a **** the other day. I got artifacts out the *** just randomly =(. i have an older e machines mother board so im pretty sure it can only support pci express x 16 and maybe 2.0 x16 ( not sure if thats compatible if anyone knows that would be great) any help would be fantastic thanks guys.

What model eMachine is it?

5750 or gtx 260 216 core should be the only cards your looking at right now at the 125 end of your price range there's nothing else to bother with. Having had a gtx 260 it was the first single card i was happy with somewhat, I liked it way better than 4870 512 card.

wow thanks for all the responses guys im gonna slowly start checking all these out. and i have no clue what model it is, its more of a Frankenstein really.

wow thanks for all the responses guys im gonna slowly start checking all these out. and i have no clue what model it is, its more of a Frankenstein really.

Can you run CPU-Z and post the main and motherboard tabs?

Personally, for 120 bucks I'd purchase a used card. If you fold go NVIDIA, if you don't go ATI. People are dumping the ATI cards now that the 5xxx series is out. You might be able to snag a 1gb 4890 from someone for 125 in a best case scenario. Thats a steal.

If you fold look for a GTX260 216.

Back