• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yay for Linux!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

supraway

Well, I'm happy to say I have Linux running EXACTLY as wanted. I have it installed w/ Internet Connection Sharing going, Firewall, it has CS dedicated server going, netscape 6.2, Quake 3 Arena, and Unreal Tournament, pretty soon I'm going to do Wolf, which will be da bomb, (RIP Loki :( ). The server, so far, has never crashed due to itself (once I set permissions wrong on CSDS -- and when server cached someone's custom spray, KABAM she was down), and it has been running for about 2 weeks straight. What a great operating system :).

congrats on your success with linux. i am preparing to dual boot xp and mandrake so i hope i have as much success as you:D

I hear ya on that. I got fed up with windows, popped in the red hat disc, formatted the drive. Goodbye windows. No more M$ BS. Time for the good and stable. Even if i lose a few amenities. Which are probably available in linux if i search hard enough.

Spike Spiegel said:
once you know WTF you're doing its really advantageous. i'm still waiting for the day that i know WTF i'm doing :p

jeff

Well said. I wish I knew what the fishcakes i was doing. I think I'll try Mandrake sometime.

Back