• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 1.2 gig O/c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StalkingViper

Hi,
im currently considering trying to overclock my 1.2 gig athlon.
Im runnin it on a kt133a board. Basically i want to know what voltages to change in the bios. ANd with adding a new HSF and a couple case fans what can i expect to get it up to. Ne how thanx in advance

Peace SV

more info would be nice, welcome to the forms. you need to change the vcore settings in the bios. dont increase your voltage fast at all, cause thats a good way to fry the cpu. take ur time, small incremints

good luck

I am running a 1.2 in a A7V133. I had to do a vmod to get it up over 1.33 stable. On air I have run it at 1.5 gig for the last 6 months using 2.05 volts. You may have to do a vmod like I did but 1.5 gig is a reasonable goal if you play a little and there is also a good chance that your chip is better then my medeocer one.

more info as what memory u got, what PSU, what grafix card (not really important here though :p).
What is the stepping of ur CPU? Like what is written on the second line of the code on the core, like AXIA or anything else
and the first char or num on the third line?
What is ur cooling?

Welcome to the forums!!!

check out my sig. I've got the same rig that you have. To overclock, you just increase your FSB and/or Multiplier to get the maximum speed you can. It's an art, and to get the best performance out of your system, you should check out the beginner's guides.

Here's a word of caution. Don't try to up the voltage without good cooling. Upping the voltage makes a LOT more heat.

Good luck in your overclocking adventures!

First off, check the OC database. That will give you an idea of what you can expect.

I love my AYHJA 1.2 ! This thing just loves to be clocked to 1.53 (prolly more with more voltage)

11.5x133 @ 1.89v Check sig for temps...

According to Sisandra it matches the XP1800+ performance (not that I totally believe that...)

:burn:

OK what im running.

FPkt133a Board
1.2gig athlon
512 meg ram pc133 (One Stick) I cant remember where i got it but the chips say Samsung on them.
Radeon 8500 Retail o/ced to (295/295) with mod kit in the mail.
1 ata-100 7200 rpm HDD 40 gig (98se)
1 (Old drive) ata-66 i think 5600 rpm 30 gig (Linux Mandrake)
Old generic 2x dvd-rom
old Burner from my old Compaq 4x2x32 Its a LG.
Link sys ethernet adapter
soundblaster live Value
Lots of old stuff but i primarily just play games.

My case has one fan on the power supply (300W)
One out take fan High on the back
and one intake vent on the bottom front of the case which sucks in cool air rather well.

Temps
Unloaded- 93 F
loaded- 100-105 F
Since i have no A/C in the summer i have seen it hit 115 F while gaming.

As far for my chip numbers I dont know exactly how to remove the HSF thats on there to look. Suggestions?

Thanx again the responses i have seen are very nice not the F off Newb stuff i usually see when posting to a new forum.

Peace SV

StalkingViper said:
As far for my chip numbers I dont know exactly how to remove the HSF thats on there to look. Suggestions?

Peace SV

First of all, Welcome to the forums.

Judging by the statement made above, I would strongly recomend that you spend some time in the "Beginners Guides", a link to which is provided on the front page of this site.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but it would be in your best interest to gather as much information as you can on this "black art" of overclocking before you learn some expensive lessons. Once you get a basic understanding of what's going on, you will understand the cause and effect of running you system's components out of spec. For instance, if you find that your USB ports quit working at 138MHz FSB you will know that this is a common problem with the KT133/KT133A and KT266 chipsets.

You computer is a system of sensitive electronic components. Once you start to push these components beyond the recomended specifications you should be prepared to take the neccessary steps to insure a successful attempt at overclocking. The better you understand the basics, the better prepared you will be to deal with the problems that you certainly will encounter down the road.

By the way, that 1.2G T-BIRD of yours should get to 1.4G+ quite easily. Unfortunately, I know nothing about that particular motherboard.

Good Luck!

Back