• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Age of Conan in-game freezes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zantal

last week i decided to go back to Age of Conan, so i downloaded it from thei website.

patcher got through all the patches, but it seems it didn't download everything

when i logged into the game i would have the game freezing for about 30 seconds and after those 5 seconds where i could actually move then another 30 seconds freeze.

with time this problem has gone diminishing and now it is completely gone.

i think the problem is that the game is actually downloading stuff (there is network activity as i saw in task manager) which didn't get downloaded with the patcher, since i have a fairly fast connection i managed to "download" everything in a few days of playing

(some icons missing in menu when i get the mouse on them the game freezes for 1 second then the icon shows)

the problem is that a friend of mine has the same problem but his connection sucks. we just noticed that our game folders are 19gb for me and 16gb for him.

Has anyone ever heard of such a problem and if so, is there any workaround or fix for it?

thanks in advance =)

you sure its not like a GPU problem like when you overclock and the driver as to work hard to fix it?

nope, i checked the interwebz and i found out it's a bad coding of the game.

basically you download just half of the game from funcom.
then when you play in-game if there are some items missing from the database it directly downloads them from the server.

This is intended, Developers thought everyone has crazy connections, but even with a 10Mbit connection freezes would be about 1-2 seconds.

with a slower speed it can take ages to download all the missing data.

i found a program that emulates the update server and downloads all the missing data (which is incredibly huge 16GB Oo)

then it intercepts all tcp calls for the update server and redirects them to the program which will send back the copied cache on the HD, freezes would still occur since during the update the client becomes unresponsive but at least it would be in the order of 1/2 sec or less.

although this system is really crap. -.-

Back