• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New WC Setup for Antec 1200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rataboo90

Registered
Water Cooling List​
CPU Block - D-tek Fuzion V2 – 1366 49.95
Motherboard Block - Bitspower Black Freezer MOS EI58DPII V2 (EVGA X58 Classified)
Pump - Swiftech MCP655-B™ 12 VDC Pump Without speed controller 65.95
Radiator - Black Ice GT stealth 240 – Black 48.00
PrimoFlex Pro LRT UV Blue Tubing - 1/2in. ID X 3/4in. OD 2.00
Chipset Cooler - Enzotech Full copper north bridge water block - SNBW-Rev A 31.95
Primochill 1/2" T - UV Blue 1.99
Plastic Tubing Clamps – Blue (10) 4.00
PrimoChill ICE (32 oz.) - Black / UV Blue 14.95

This is all the parts for the new setup...It's gonna run me 266.74. If you have suggestions I'd like to hear them! Can anyone comment on the size of the wc holes on the back of the Antec 1200?

Id go with a swiftech 120.3 radiator over that BIgt radiator. Also, you will need fans. Id give the 120x38mm YateLoon fans a try, more static pressure (otherwise go with some medium speed yates, not alot of noise, good flow).

Also, your picing shows only 1 ft of tubing. Its 2.00 per foot, so youll need maybe 8-10 ft?? So itll cost a bit more. The 120.3 ST radiator isnt much more than that one either. Also, if you are going i7, you really dont need a north bridge cooler, so Id knock that out.

OK. since you are buying the waterblock new, spend a little more and buy a Swiftech Apogee XT instead. It's a newer design and all around better performer. According to skinnee Labs, it's about the best performing 1366 block on the market right now and it has a very good mounting system.

Motherboard block - I have no idea on that as I don't have a 1366 system and I don't use nb or mobo blocks on my 775 systems.

Pump - good choice, but a little bulky. The MCP355 with an XSPC Res top will outperform it and be more compact, but will cost over $100.

Radiator - I would go with a minimum of a Swiftech MCR320 rad and since you also want to cool mobo components with your loop I would also consider going with an XSPC RX360 rad. You can mount it externally with a Swiftech Steel MCB-120 "RadBox" Rev.1 off the back side on your case. BTW, the Rev 1 I linked is much better than the current Rev 2 Radbox, which is made of plastic and much more flimsy and fragile than the older Rev 1 model. For fans, I would suggest some Yate Loon mediums from Petra's also as they are relatively inexpensive and work well on rads and are relatively quiet.

Tubing - PrimoFlex is some good stuff, IMO.

Tubing clamps - I've used the plastic ones and I have used automotive worm drive clamps and I much prefer the worm drive clamps for a more secure connection.

coolant - I use distilled water with a few drops of PT Nuke in them. I don't believe in aftermarket additives or dyes as I think you are asking for that crap to break down over time and cause mayhem to your loop. If you want color, buy yourself some UV reactive tubing instead of using dyes or coolant additives. Using distilled water with some PT Nuke or PHN Nuke will keep the loop nice and free from algae and other microorganisms.

Last edited:
Question Tool_462

Why would I need a rad that big....excuse my newbness.

Well put it this way. I had a 120.2 w/ my i7 overclocked to 4.2ghz @ 1.25v. My temps dropped a good 8c just by switching to a 120.3 radiator and that was with slower speed fans. i7 creates ALOT of heat, and it needs to be dissapated somehow. Larger rad with some decent fans will handle i7 overclocks MUCH better.

Yes, they come with molex connectors. YL Mediums are pretty good, the noise compared to performance I feel is about the best you can get in a cheaper priced fan. If you go with a 120.3, you can use them (hell, I use low's with my triple) but if you go with 120.2, Id go with highs (makes a huge difference from the lows).

ok so besides the rad, everything else looks fine? Another question what is the northbridge/southbridge?

I wouldnt get anything for either personally, save the money and put it towards maybe the Swiftech XT block and a 120.3 radiator. Most of the heat on i7 is concentrated in the CPU as not everything is running through the northbridge like it used to on the old FSB style boards.

X58 have Northbridge chips? I thought those were on die? THere is a SB thuogh, but regardless if I am wrong or not, they dont need cooled for hte overclocking you may be gettig into.

make sure if you are getting Yates, get them from Petra's as they are different to the yates you get everywhere else. Not really sure why, but Petra's stock the only good quality Yate's.

I agree with the above, the apogee xt is the way to go, and get a 120.3 rad. wouldn't bother about the nb/sb/whatever. distilled water+PTnukePHN or a silver kill coil (I use silver, works fine) is best, leads to much easier cleaning in the future.

I use the same pump, works well but make sure you dampen the vibrations because it will rattle your case to bits (I use a slab of Petra's 'gel stuff')

You sure you want a T line instead of a res? I don't know anything about them so can't really comment on them, just thought I'd ask

http://www.jab-tech.com/Swiftech-MCR420-QP-Quad-120mm-Radiator-pr-4543.html
You guys recommend Yate Loon high speeds? Do the yate loons come with Molex connectors?

i like and use the high speed yates. i run them at 5v most of the time and they are very quiet.

make sure if you are getting Yates, get them from Petra's as they are different to the yates you get everywhere else. Not really sure why, but Petra's stock the only good quality Yate's.

i've ordered 3 batches of 6 from jabtech high speed yate loons and all were petra's quality over the span of 1.5 years(in 6 month intervals). i don't know about the low or medium speed but i feel very confident about ordering the high speed ones from jabtech.

but if you want to be 100% sure then yes head to petra's.

Last edited:
I also just bought a pair of high speed Yates from SVC a couple months ago, and as far as I can tell, they aren't the knock off fans that were talked about a while back. I have thought about putting them on my fan controller, but I haven't since the noise doesn't bother me, and I'm still waiting on some parts to finish my loop (mostly waiting on money to order the parts:p). Also, considering they are on my U120 in push pull on a rig that is Folding 24/7, I figure that cooler needs all the airflow it can get.

so things are looking up for the non-petra's yates? I always wondered what the go was with petra's having the only good ones. Anyway, if jabtech and such are now selling the good yates, take my comment with a grain of salt

Back