• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap video card upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DRSoccer5

Registered
Hey everyone,

Quick question, although not so much about overclocking...

I've realized that the oldest component in my computer is my video card. I'm currently running an i7 - 920 with 3gb of ram (which I plan to increase soon now that I'm running a 64bit OS) and a single Radeon 1900 XT. I've been looking at adding an additional 1900 to run in a crossfire setup. Seems to be a pretty cheap upgrade since I think I can get the second card for around $60.

My question is whether or not its worth the $60, or if I should just wait till I'm ready to replace this card completely (probably not anytime soon).

FYI: The computer is used for mostly day-to-day activities. I'm in school (so lots of office products), and I generally only play games such as Madden, FIFA and Need for Speed. I also use it for watching movies.

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like a HD5750 is what you would need for the next few years... ;)

Dont go Crossfire with those cards, they are not even DX10, none the less DX11. :)

Back