• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haggenator

Registered
Hey everybody, I am going to be doing my new build on this case.

http://www.dangerden.com/store/dd-tower-26-black-series-edition.html

After I ordered it, I got an email saying they are back ordered so it will be a 3 to 4 week wait. So I will be posting as I go.

I am going to be water cooling an Core i7 860 and GTX 285. I am going to be going with a blue theme and such. And wanted to post this for some ideas from you guys.

couple questions, anybody have a good blue led fan they could recommend. and a 4 x 120 radiator. I was thinking about the black ice SR1

http://www.dangerden.com/store/black-ice-sr1-480.html

So please, post any ideas or suggestions you guys have. I am open to anything. Thanks.

I would like to go with a 4x120 rad because I want to prepare for future upgrades and I would like this as quiet as possible. Plus the case I bought is made for a 4x120 rad.

Thanks for the recommendation, I did not know Yate Loon made led fans. I also have non led yate loon fans and they are great.

Lol ya I dont think I can afford 8 24 dollar fans.

Are antic tri-cool fans any good for radiators? Those seem pretty good.

Cool thanks for letting me know. Anybody know of some good blue led fans for a radiator?

I've been using the blue led Yates in low and medium models on my U2-UFO case for 1 1/2 years or so with no problems and all the leds still work. That is 9 of them in total in my case.

Ya i would rather over rad since I want it to be quiet and get the best performance possible. Well since there seem to be no good blue led fans for a radiator does anybody know of some good quiet ones? Maybe this is a good time to learn how to solder?

the blue yate loons have the same specs and thus i would think same performance as the normal ones.

Does anybody know where I can get a "Y" fitting that doesnt require the use of clamps. I want this new build to be as good as I can get it.

Forget using a "Y" fitting. Just run everything in series and it will do fine. Run from the rad to the cpu block, then to the gpu and back to the pump (or res if you don't use a T line). It's just too hard trying to adjust equal flow to both sides of the "Y" part of the loop. I've been there and done that.

#1 - There are no fittings (except compression fittings) that you should use without clamps. Period. You'd be flirting with disaster.

#2 - ...and more importantly... - Why are you trying to find a Y fitting?

The only reason I am wanting to use a "Y" fitting is because I want it really easy to drain the system when the times comes. I will try and find a picture to show you what I mean.

In less you think the "Y" fitting will be to restrictive or worsen performance too much?

Cant find the picture, but basically a standard loop but I want to stick the Y fitting where ever works best and have just one end lead to a plug or fillport.

Oh, ok, I understand. You want a T fitting, not a Y. You also do not want to run one without clamps. Once the bottom of the T fills up it shouldn't affect flow very much AFAIK.

As far as the fitting itself, that's up to you. You can go with a simple plastic T or all the way up to this nice looking T joint (don't forget to add barbs)

O your thinking of using the T but use it upside down, So basically the opposite of a fillport. Ya I could do that. But would a Y work?

Back