• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rogers Cable (Canada) and P2P. Not bad lately.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

So Rogers has 'never throttled p2p'

"cough cough"

Interestingly though, and I'm sure, on a completely unrelated note, I've gone from getting an average of 50-100 max to 500 and 600kbps in bit torrent.

I've had the same plan since 2007.

What a 'coincidence' that it's so much faster now.

Fluke I guess. Constant fluke. :santa:

The last proabtly 50 things I've gotten off BT if the S/L numbers are over 1000 I get 600kbps easy.

Perhaps Rogers has finally realized that all BT traffic isn't illegal file sharing.

On a semi-related note:

This is where uTP (uTorrentProtocol) comes in. uTP is a new and improved implementation of the BitTorrent protocol which is designed to be network friendly. The current implementation often causes interference with other applications, which is the main reason why ISPs try to slow it down, or even stop it altogether. uTP aims to solve this problem.

With uTP, uTorrent (and the Mainline client) will become network aware by throttling itself if congestion in the network is detected. This will have a huge impact on ISP networks according to Simon Morris, BitTorrent’s VP of Product Management. “If uTP is successful it should result in a multi-billion dollar windfall in terms of savings for ISPs,” Morris told TorrentFreak
http://torrentfreak.com/utorrent-2-0-to-elimininate-the-need-for-isp-throttling-091031/

Back