• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Batman:AA for the PC, or get PS3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gemini1706

I downloaded Batman: AA demo PC version, and suddenly I became a graphics wh*re :)

That game is GORGEOUS, playing at 1920x1200 on 24 inch monitor.. WOW. Gameplay and suspense/predator mode is really cool.

BUT, I am also itching to buy PS3 slim after the price drop.

Should I get it for PC and forget PS3 at all (I was always a PC gamer), or PS3 version would be comparable?

BTW, for PS3, my TV is a Sony HD Tube (Trinitron) that can do 1080i, but not 1080p, is this a problem for PS3?

I see lots of discussion online about PS3 graphics not as good as even xbox, but would be that noticable on my 36" 1080i tube?

I am itching to burn money :)
But do not want to get PS3 and be dissappointed by really bad jaggie graphics ...etc.

OHG, I hate myself, I am becoming a graphics wh*ore already :)
I used to be RTS guy, gameplay guy, but now I AM a G-WH*RE :)

Should I buy PS3 and get Batman on it? or will be disaapointed with graphics and get PC version instead?

I like the idea of playing on the couch with minimum setup effot, that is why I am thinking of PS3.

-Gemini

go for the PC, the game will display in 480p and look like crap on your TV on the PS3 if it doesn't support 720p, plus there are a lot of cool uniform mods for Batman on the PC version.

You could always hook your PC up to your TV and play with a wireless keyboard/mouse or a wireless 360 controller. :p

You know what, you just gave me an idea :)

I can just buy the wireless controller and put a couch instead of chair at my PC desk, that would give me the best of both worlds, with 24" monitor, not bad at all :)

Thanks for the suggestion :)

What do you guys think? Good idea? bad?

No TV at all, just my 24" monitor?
Maybe I cannot sit too far, but a few feet should be enough for me to have a relaxed feeling.

-Gemini

go for the PC, the game will display in 480p and look like crap on your TV on the PS3 if it doesn't support 720p, plus there are a lot of cool uniform mods for Batman on the PC version.

He said that his TV was HD, so it will support 720p and 1080i. I have my PS3 set to 1080i through HDMI, and the picture is beautiful. I think, on a tube TV, you may be limited to component, which can only go as far as 720p/1080i.

Go with the PC version, I can't think of any games that look better on console as PC always has better AA and anistropic support in addition to support for better resolutions if you upgrade to a bigger monitor that supports something better than 1080p and better controls. The PC version is also cheaper and will most likely have better future support for PCs down the road then the PS3 will for future playstation revisions. The PC also has some pretty awesome user made skins for batman.

The only thing a console has going for it is that the screen is bigger...but that is relative as you also sit farther away from a TV then a computer.

He said that his TV was HD, so it will support 720p and 1080i. I have my PS3 set to 1080i through HDMI, and the picture is beautiful. I think, on a tube TV, you may be limited to component, which can only go as far as 720p/1080i.

Not always, my HDTV is a first gen projection model and does NOT have a 720p mode. It will do 480i, 480p and 1080i but NOT 720p or 1080p.

Not always, my HDTV is a first gen projection model and does NOT have a 720p mode. It will do 480i, 480p and 1080i but NOT 720p or 1080p.

We've been over this Fudge. You are THE LAST PERSON ON PLANET EARTH who doesn't have a TV that does at least 720p.

You can't really ASSUME that anybody else would possibly be stuck at 480p.

When the hell is your tax rebate coming in anyway... Matter of fact... THE HELL with taxes... You've got Black Friday coming up... After Christmas Sales... After NEW YEARS...

You're all out of excuses. I've been on this site four years now... It's time to step up and join the rest of humanity... it's time to take me to sizzler for that steak you owe me... it's time for me to go home and take a nap...

I'm kinda tired actually...

I think I may have gotten up too early this morning.

It's my cat... he stands on my chest at like 7am.

Think I lost my train of thought...

Oh yeah!

Get it for the PC. Batman does like ULTRA high resolution. I've seen it at 5k and it's just SICK.

Get the 360 controller so you can have rumble too.

720p is better than 1080i in all situations. Interlaced < progressive.

720p is better than 1080i in all situations. Interlaced < progressive.

I can't tell the difference...

Rainless, I'll be happy to take you to dinner when I next visit Chi-town but as far as the TV goes. Unless you're willing to lend me $1k then it will have to wait. That money that was supposed to go to the TV last year went to a new lawn mower.

I would spend less then 150 on a newer video card and stick with the pc honestly. for about 150 dollars less you will have better graphics on your pc.

i have both pc and ps3 , i like the additional joker content on the ps3, i like the better gfx on the pc.

i've probably played them both around 20 hrs each.

We've been over this Fudge. You are THE LAST PERSON ON PLANET EARTH who doesn't have a TV that does at least 720p.

Nope...those of us who are really cool just down own a TV. Seriously there is nothing to watch a TV, even if you have cable, I would rather get more computer parts.

I've played both (but mostly the PS3 version more) and I'd suggest going for the PS3 version. I think it controls much better, and just flows nicer. I also prefer consoles to PC when it comes to certain games - and action games are one of those types. It just feels better.

While you could get a couch and a wireless controller, that's going to cost a lot more than just the price of the game.

I see lots of discussion online about PS3 graphics not as good as even xbox, but would be that noticable on my 36" 1080i tube?

I am itching to burn money :)
But do not want to get PS3 and be dissappointed by really bad jaggie graphics ...etc.

The 360 has the edge in graphics processing, and the PS3 has the edge in sheer number crunching. The differences aren't huge. Honestly, I don't think you're going to care or notice any graphical differences between the two. The PS3 has some instances where aliasing seemed to be prominent in some games, but just how much are you going to notice that when you're playing an exciting game? Probably not much.

With that said, I would personally go for the PC version. The graphics are simply better. The game is absolutely gorgeous. I honestly fail to understand how it looks this good, and runs as well as it does on my aging graphics card (8800GTS 320MB). I see a lot of other games not look half as good, and run at half the FPS at half the resolution.. I ran Batman completely maxed out and it ran like butter.

Other developers have something to learn from this game. There is no reason other games running on the same engine shouldn't be able to look this good and run this well.

Nope...those of us who are really cool just down own a TV. Seriously there is nothing to watch a TV, even if you have cable, I would rather get more computer parts.

I have to agree about nothing to watch on TV, I can really only stand to watch CSI and Dexter. I would have a really have a hard time sitting down to watch a movie on a computer monitor though. That is why I have a 50" plasma TV in the living room, and a 32" LCD in the bedroom. :p

Back