• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory running in Single Channel???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jetster220

Well you have them in the right slots. Try B1 & B2 and see what happens. How can you tell their not running in dual channel?

Anychance of using maybe sisoft sandra or everest and see what they report? I'm sure I've seen CPU-z get it wrong before.

Okay, I tried slots B1 & B2 and had the same result. Also, I noticed that on startup, it lists my memory as Unganged when its going through POST.

"it lists my memory as Unganged when its going through POST."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

normal, it is a bios setting, ganged may get you a bit more in synthetic benches, but most run unganged for everyday runnings...

laterzzzz.............

Any idea what setting that might be in BIOS that I need to change?
Yea, I know it wont really gain any performance, I just like to have my stuff running as it should or at least what its capable of.

The manual is incorrect in stating which slots are dual channel compatible. It states that for dual channel, the RAM needs to be installed to either Channel A (A1 and A2) or Channel B (B1 and B2). In actuality the RAM needs to be installed to either A1 and B1, or A2 and B2 for a dual channel config. And set DCT Unganged Mode to 'Always' - the AUTO setting should default to ganged.

Last edited:
Back