• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

QX6850 overclock :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coco16

hello i was playing around my my cpu a qx6850 and my mobo is a p5k and i cant get my cpu over 4.0ghz stable the max i did was 4.10ghz unstable any suggestions and the vcore was 1.52v the max i did temps were 50-55c idle and load 80-85c its high i know any suggestion for my overclock i really dont think this is too high for a extreme cpu next time i would get a regular cpu lol.

You'll probably need a better motherboard. If I remember correctly with a quad you'll run into FSB issues on that board as well as the 3 phase power regs on that board just wont cut it well for a quad. Getting to 4G isnt that bad at all. I'd be tickled with that.

Z

Naaa he doesn't need another motherboard , his multi is unlocked i doubt the mobo is holding him back .You should certainly get better cooling , and thats a nice chip you have .

You should get a cooler like the TRUE for a chip like that. I was able to run my first Q6600, wich was an early G0 at 1.5875v for 3800mhz on my P5K Deluxe in my sig. That was 475x8, since it didnt like the x9 multi after 415fsb or so.. I would say if you can keep it cool, 1.6-1.65 should be ok if you can cool it. I ran at 1.5875 for the whole winter, about 5 months with no troubles. Your chip should be pretty beastly for a 65nm quad. If you have the Deluxe version of the P5k, I would say its pretty close to bullet proof. My old chip loved volts, the more the merrier heh, its the total opposite of how my current Q6600 is :D

i got a zalman 9700led and 7 120mm case fans with really good air flow 4x1gb ballistix tracer 800mhz oc to 1000mhz 5-5-5-15 2.2v and a cooler master silent pro m600 600w.

yea I cant really see you pushing it much higher that what you have .

I had that ram it might run 1000mhz @ 4-4-4-12 Mine did and alot of ppl I know . its worth a shot

yea I cant really see you pushing it much higher that what you have .

I had that ram it might run 1000mhz @ 4-4-4-12 Mine did and alot of ppl I know . its worth a shot

what voltage did you used for that settings im using 2.2v

Back