• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3d vision

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zantal

soo,

can i run games in 3d with just a normal display and some "special" goggles?
:confused:

would be great :beer:

I thought they had to be stupid refresh rate speeds on the monitor side 120Hz or something.

which your samsung wont do
:shrug:

Samsung SM2233RZ 22" 120Hz 3D Widescreen LCD Monitor <--- first one ive spotted checking... price isnt great news for a 22inch :)

I think you can do a red/blue anaglyph setup on any monitor but for the true stereoscopic 3d Vision, you need a monitor than can do 100hz or better. CRTs, one of the (two) 120hz LCDs, and certain DLP TV sets. There's also a projector that'll work but it's hella pricey.

projector :D

wow all we need is spaceships each... got the screens for one.

yep theres some demos with option for red/blue come to think of it... I think farbrausch did one ages ago for a starter.

mmm gonna steal those goggles that they give at the cinema to watch 3d movies

ghgh (although they rigorously check if you give them back at the end)

it's gonna be GTG (Grand Theft Goggles) =)

cinema goggles won't work 1) the are likely circularly polarized not linearly polarized like consumer polarized displayed 2) for that type of stereo vision you need a special display . . .which will come with the goggles you need and more will be cheap. 3) if you find one that actually uses active shutters the theater is more likely to shoot you than let you out with them 4) if you get out with them they won't work with your software anyway *(unless magically they have the same syncing method).

bottom line- don't steal glasses from the theater. you have nothing to gain. You are only hurting them for no reason. I am pretty sure discussing thievery in the forums is grounds for administrative action as well.

cinema goggles won't work 1) the are likely circularly polarized not linearly polarized like consumer polarized displayed 2) for that type of stereo vision you need a special display . . .which will come with the goggles you need and more will be cheap. 3) if you find one that actually uses active shutters the theater is more likely to shoot you than let you out with them 4) if you get out with them they won't work with your software anyway *(unless magically they have the same syncing method).

bottom line- don't steal glasses from the theater. you have nothing to gain. You are only hurting them for no reason. I am pretty sure discussing thievery in the forums is grounds for administrative action as well.

gotta use more explicit irony in my future posts.

no i have no intention in stealing those goggles, and btw they aren't that high tech either, they made of one blue and red glass (which looks like plastic) they really don't cost much but if i don't turn them in after the movie i have to pay 50 Euros (where the hell is the euros button on my keyboard!!!)

and some ppl in this thread said they would work with a different mode of 3d

quoted from ratbuddy

I think you can do a red/blue anaglyph setup on any monitor

so i am trying to make that

as soon as i find a way to "steal" those goggles. <--- JOKE!

I got a GTS 250 that came with anaglyph glasses and Batman looks awesome in 3D with my Asus 25.5". I can't imagine how good it would look with shutter glasses and a 120Hz monitor.

i want those too =(( gotta find a place where to buy em!!!!

I got a GTS 250 that came with anaglyph glasses and Batman looks awesome in 3D with my Asus 25.5". I can't imagine how good it would look with shutter glasses and a 120Hz monitor.

I think "someone" has a glasses/transmitter setup in the classies right now ;)

ya the lack of HD level monitors at 120hz is killing my urge to buy your glasses ratb

It's killing my urge to keep them, too. Wish I had room for one of those 65" (or bigger!) DLP sets, bigscreen 3d must be crazy.

http://www.rainbowsymphony.com/freestuff.html

I have no idea how legit the company is (Google found it for me), but they're giving away free 3D glasses. You need to mail them a self-addressed and stamped envelope and tell them which ones you want (red/blue anaglyph) and they drop a set in your envelope and drop it in the mail.

Back