• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

360- has bluetooth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

Are wireless Xbox controllers IR or bluetooth? Or RF?

If I use wired controllers can I turn off the Xbox's wireless receiver to save electricity?

I got my machine used with no manual and I'm still figuring it out...

It's Jasper though so hopefully no RROD...

While on the subject- anybody got a link to tutorials to open it? I need periodical HS access so I can get in there and clean it out? My place gets very dusty. If I don't clean my PC for six months I get 15 degrees celsius of a climb and start hitting my thermal throttle range

Last edited:
I just use a can of compressed air and blow out the console every couple months... there are alot of vent holes in the case to shoot air through. Had mine since April. no probs yet :knocks on wood:

Are wireless Xbox controllers IR or bluetooth? Or RF?

If I use wired controllers can I turn off the Xbox's wireless receiver to save electricity?

I got my machine used with no manual and I'm still figuring it out...

It's Jasper though so hopefully no RROD...

While on the subject- anybody got a link to tutorials to open it? I need periodical HS access so I can get in there and clean it out? My place gets very dusty. If I don't clean my PC for six months I get 15 degrees celsius of a climb and start hitting my thermal throttle range

The controllers are neither IR nor bluetooth, they're RF.

Turn off the wireless receiver to save electricity? You're not serious are you? My humor meter must be broken here.

The things are a real ***** to open. They sell an opener tool and if you don't want to muck up your case any then I would buy one of those. Otherwise one of those eyeglass screwdrivers will do the trick. Their are tons of opening guides online. I used the screwdriver and you can tell the case has been opened because the plastic is a tiny bit marred and torn up where the hinges lock.

The controllers are neither IR nor bluetooth, they're RF.

Turn off the wireless receiver to save electricity? You're not serious are you? My humor meter must be broken here.

The things are a real ***** to open. They sell an opener tool and if you don't want to muck up your case any then I would buy one of those. Otherwise one of those eyeglass screwdrivers will do the trick. Their are tons of opening guides online. I used the screwdriver and you can tell the case has been opened because the plastic is a tiny bit marred and torn up where the hinges lock.

Just being nitpicky fudge, but Bluetooth is RF...its just a specific RF protocol :santa:

Why not just get one of the corded controllers that do power and communication over USB?

Not worth worrying to turn it off. Might take what.... .5W an hour to power the RF chip in there. So might cost say 13 cents (depending on electrical rate) in ~83 days.

Back