• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Issue with DVD Burner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scottw182

Registered
I recently purchased a DVD burner, Samsung SH-S223B. It seems to read fine, but it gets really weird when I go to burn something. It barely makes any noise, like it's not doing anything, and burns INCREDIBLY slow, I'm talking 15+ minutes to burn a 300mb video file to a CD. But, it never completely finishes, once it gets to 100%, it just hangs there, as if it's finalizing. If I just eject the CD at this point, I get mixed results. With a CD-RW, the video was choppy and unwatchable, but with a regular CD, it plays fine. The program I'm using is PowerISO, I was using an older version, and I updated to the latest version, it did the same thing with both. The burner has the latest firmware. I tried plugging it into a different SATA port, that didn't make a difference. Is the burner just bad, or is it possibly something wrong with my computer? My old burner worked fine with the system until just finally dying completely (it was almost 3 years old).

Back