• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler master 212 plus, stay away

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joeteck

Retired
It took me well over an hour to install this POS.

The cooler may work very well, however the ease of install lacks greatly!!

Bottom plate and mounting the heat sink to it was smokin easy. Getting the fans on with these freakin clips was a night mare. I had to use needle nose pliers to bend and force the wire into the groove of the heat sink.. The worst install I have ever experienced!

Stay away from the Cooler master 212 plus.

Attachments

• IMAGE_511.jpg
    IMAGE_511.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 417
Installing and putting up with hell for a bit is part of the cooling hobby. Zipties are cheap and easy......

Buying a Dell, well.................. Easy.

Glad ya got it, awaiting temp results over the stock cooler.

Well, the BIOS shows this... -2c? Possible?

I added a second fan however....

Attachments

• IMAGE_512.jpg
    IMAGE_512.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 386
Would it have been better to install the wire clips into the heatsink grooves first and then pop the wire ends over the fan corners?

Look how fast my CPU is.... lol Accurate program

Keep up to date with RealTemp HERE.

There's been on going work and posting in this thread daily since RealTemp came out. One of my favorite threads actually, and by a fellow Albertan.

With new equipment coming out (boards and CPU's), RT isnt always up to date to handle the temperature sensors and it needs programming adjustments, hence the updates will make it accurate. Its usually a beta that you need and not the final version with new equipment.

update or get hurt...

LOL

Maximum PC rated this cooler 10, kick *** award. Which it clearly does. However, it is a ***** to put the fan(s) on to it. Took me over an hour to do. The back plate and the actual heat sink was cake to install... Its the "awesome" fan clips that need work..

So was it worth the hassle or not :) was looking to get this cooler but might have to Zip tie it I have heard of users having such large CPU coolers and then the weight cracking the board.

Back