• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gigabit/wireless N/DD-WRT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I need a new router. I want gigabit and Wireless-N and the ability to install DD-WRT Mega. I've tried looking at DD-WRT's database and comparing with units I find for sale but I've not come close to a decision. Please suggest something.

WRT-350N, if you can find a rev 1, or WRT-600N, though I've read that the internal PCB antennae aren't great.

WRT-350N, if you can find a rev 1, or WRT-600N, though I've read that the internal PCB antennae aren't great.

Great thought but neither of those are made any more. I need something that I can buy new. Thanks.

I've got a WRT610N, haven't DDWRTed it yet, but I have been very happy with it so far. One of the features I've liked the best is the USB port. Plug in an external HDD and you can run it as a file server, and stream media files to an Xbox via Upnp server. I've been using it for about 4 months now.

Back