• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MW2, how many of you actually bought it now and went back on your trash talking.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cmichaelt

For all of use who talk smack and say they are not buying it, I would like you to truthfully admit if you bought it now that it has been release.

Quite a few members in my clan were saying they are not gonna buy it and saying that iw and activision are garbage. Now then have it...:screwy:

I myself will not buy it until what I believe are faults are acknowledged and PC gamers as a community are also acknowledged, even if it means missing out on playing with my clan.

What you have to understand, is that the trash talking of MW2 was the lack of dedicated server support. No one was trash talking the Single player.

hm... apparantly everyone was peeved off about no more mods, clan matches etc, See but when every1 who hasn't played it yet doesn't know is that the matchmaking is SOOOOOO much faster than finding a server. Within 5 seconds you have found and are in a match taking playing. It is really fast.

Now if you are like me, a person who doesn't play mods because they reckon the original is the best and who is not clanned. CodMW2 is actually the perfect game f or these type of gamers like me.

But its down to personal choice. You can bad mouth it all you want, but after you've played it, its BLOody AWESOME!!!!!!!

I bought it. But then, I never said I wouldnt. Couldnt care less what they do with the PC version, I got it for Xbox instead

I have officially started to trash talk the LENGTH of the single player, I've read 4-6 hours.

That is weak. I expect 10-12 hours being the norm.

Oh the single player story - reading about it makes my brain bleed. MW1's story made sense and was awesome. This? No. And 4 hours in length? Come on.

As compared to the friggin epic-length Dragon Age?

Dragon age is too long, someone told me its like 100 hours, I've come to feel the best length games are ones like batman AA or Uncharted 2 , they hit that 10-12 hour sweet spot where I can finish the game in 2-3 days and feel like I accomplished something and enjoyed a great story.

Trashed talked. Didn't buy it and don't plan to. And the XBOXers raving about it is annoying.

Still haven't bought it because it's $60. I'll probably get the 360 version anyway though because my brother will most likely be getting it soon. No dedicated servers is a shame for the pc version. But I don't mind matchmaking and I never play mods. I'm mad at them that they think they can get away with charging $60 for the pc version.

I will not be buying any game with no dedicated server support. My clan will be moving on to Battlefield Bad Company 2 in the near future.

Last edited:
Since it has been released and after talking to people about it I have actually discovered MORE things that make me not want to purchase it.

most notably: the fact that you have to unlock Hardcore mode and the amount of game types in hardcore is limited. In COD4 I play exclusively hardcore, and the lack of Hardcore Domination, Hardcore Headquarters and Hardcore FFA is a turn off for me.

I also find the lack of displaying ping as an actual number annoying. Not enough that it would affect my decision buying/playing the game, but it is just another inch on the skyscraper of reasons I am not supporting MW2 for the moment.

PC version sold somewhere in the neighborhood of 850,000 from the numbers I saw (7 mil, 55% Xbox 360, 33% PS3, 12% on PC.), which is still considered a respectable sale in the PC game domain so I rather doubt we will see a patch to add the functionality that would make those of us who want more options run out and get it.

Last edited:
Trashed talked it before it came out...said i wasnt going to buy it...still haven't bought it...never will.

I trashed talked it and have not, and will not buy it.*

*Unless Dedicated Servers and Mod support become available. Along with a visible ping.

I have it but they didnt get my money. Im disappointed with it even still, I feel bad for the people who spent good money on it.

Didn't trash talk it, didn't buy it either. Too expensive for too little.

I spent this weekend $10 on Mass Effect. It is older, sure... but so far I have put around 14 hours in it and I don't see an end in sight yet (so many side missions!). To hear that the CoD 6 single player campaign is 5 hours... 5 hours, really?

Matchmaking gameplay is fine... in Left 4 Dead. They still have a dedicated server back-end and vote kick. Besides, Left 4 Dead 2 has a demo now, so if I like that, I will get #2 (and not expect it to get any majorly significant content patches, I will buy it for what it is). ... and Left 4 Dead 2 is $10 cheaper than MW 2. (Still, I will only buy L4D2 if my friends do, but I digress)

Anyways, MW 2 is a hard sell, but I find it funny how folks were saying NO quite a bit where I was, and yet they all were there LAUNCH DAY to get the game and are saying how wonderful it is. I suppose IW is rather smart... spend less to develop, charge more for the product, and earn more profit in the end. I think it is a 5 second attention span thing, everybody mass riots with everybody else for 5 seconds, then loves a "new product" for 5 seconds, and then gets distracted by the next shiny thing for 5 seconds... (relatively, of course) 5 second attention span...

Back