• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel pays AMD $1.25B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Glad that's over. I'm sure AMD can use that money towards the good of mankind. :)

What's sad is I foresee multi-vidcard solutions dying because of intel's position. AMD won't work towards helping nVidia, and intel won't work towards helping AMD, and nVidia hates intel for sticking them up the pooper with thier last contract.

Hopefully AMD comes up with a great new idea, and nVidia actually makes good on making physx.

Understood. This is the best section. I will delete MY post and move it here:

That will should help them out. Now AMD, lets get the FASTEST processor out the door men instead of the better performance /dollar chip in many cases!!!! :)

Last edited:
I replied in the other thread.. no need to make two...

LMAO

You are the man!

A sarcastic Evil anti-AMD man, LOL Just kidding I know you are not anti-AMD ;)

On a serious note, the penalty is less than they paid to DELL for using only Intel processors yes? up to 16% of total Dell Intel purchases over the period of the kickbacks? Now in this market with the devalued dollar it is even less.

One the one hand I hope that Intel and Dell still face criminal charges, as this type of behavior is not acceptable. Heads should roll.

On the other hand, I do not want the i9's to be $2,000 on release either. :santa: So firings and individual penalties should be levied, a corporation is made of people and all involved should be gone, lets keep the monetary punishments a bit lower.

I closed the other threads out on this; let's keep it civil here guys and gals.

No flaming from either side please. :)

mudd

I figured that AMD would settle for a higher figure than a mere 1.25 billion myself. Like already has been stated, Intel gave Dell quite a bit more than that to stay away from AMD.

mudd

I figured that AMD would settle for a higher figure than a mere 1.25 billion myself. Like already has been stated, Intel gave Dell quite a bit more than that to stay away from AMD.

True but giving your rival 1.25 billion is still a lot of money. AMD shares are up 22% - that is pretty telling. The EU fined Intel 1.45 billion in May(which is under appeal). 2.7 billion has to hurt Intel and send them a pretty strong message.

It's just too bad that AMD doesn't get a little bit of that EU money though. I'm glad to hear they are doing better on the stock market too. :thup:

Now they have to drop that money into research and develop an i7 killer :)

(not being a fanboy with that comment BTW... well a performance fanboy ;) )

Word thats what Im saying (said) man! The better they are, the better Intel will be. The better the competition, the better the pricing will be!!! WIN for all of us!

You are preaching to the choir on that, Earthdog! :D

I'm all for high performance, inexpensive and competitive processors from both of them. It keeps both of them relatively honest and spurs on innovation and technology.

Nice. This cuts directly into Intels profits. Part of the investigation is that their budget/spending expenditures include such tactics like where they paid dell to stop making AMD PCs.

The fab isn't even part of this deal, since it now is a GloFo thing. But with this new agreement between Intel and AMD, it also opens up the doors for AMD to divest themselves 100% from GloFo for a bunch more money and go fabless, without worrying about Intel trying to yank their x86 license.

Back