• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Super Mario Bros Wii

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FudgeNuggets

Where's the excitement for this game? Where's the love? Where's ONI?

Anyway, I just got it but won't get a chance to play it until tomorrow. At work now and watching a college football game tonight, then beating Dragon Age.

The New Super Mario Bros DS game was pretty awesome. Am I the only one that cares?

I'm somewhat interested....I probably would only buy it new if I thought my GF might actually want to play this one...besides that I can wait until it hit's cheaper in a few months used. I expect this might be fun

I have it. Haven't tried it. Just beat the DS version. Not sure if it's the same game. Like they did with Liberty City Stories.

Well then it would be PAL and wouldn't work on an ntsc wii anyway, right?

I was living in France for 5 years. I've got a TV that does both PAL and NTSC.

Some Wii games are region blocked and some of them aren't. But the Wii itself... it wouldn't make any difference. There's only a certain amount of variables that determines if a game is PAL or NTSC. The hardware could do either.

Yea I think I remember that xbox 360s aren't like that, you either have a ntsc xbox or pal xbox. Say you live in the US, you'll need a PAL xbox plus a converter, at least that's what I remember.

So what is so special about this game? I have been out of the loop lately on Wii games, or even mario in general.

Well it's definitely NOT the DS version... which I'm very happy about.

The DS version was an EXTREMELY typical (though good) Mario game with all your standard powerups and one new one.

The Wii version, however, has completely levels and all new powerups.

Plus there's four player co-op.

Not bad. I've only played a couple of levels so far, but so far so good. NOthing spectacular... just old school fun on the level of the Megaman remakes.

Sadly (predictably)... no online play.

Got it Friday, didn't play at all Saturday and finished it early Sunday.
It was alright, nothing special in my opinion. I did like the new propeller hat and penguin suit though. Also, it was cool to see updated versions of old characters.

It was alright, nothing special in my opinion. I did like the new propeller hat and penguin suit though. Also, it was cool to see updated versions of old characters.

Yeah the propeller hat is really nice.

Thing is... I now have ALL the Wii games I wanted (short list) and I'm just going through them one at a time.

Man, I've never seen somebody blow through games like you......

I've not had a chance to play it yet. Disc is setting right next to my Wii.

Man, I've never seen somebody blow through games like you......

I've not had a chance to play it yet. Disc is setting right next to my Wii.

I know..everytime I see a new game posted Angel's like "yeah pulled an all nighter, beat it 5am day after release...no biggie"

Anyway..I wasn't too excited about this game but I saw some videos finally and it looks pretty good. The DS game was like a revamped Mario 1....this looks more like a revamped Mario World. The game play looks like a lot of fun...I just picked up Galaxy after not having played it in a long time...and quickly became annoyed by the "walking a balance beam above a blackhole" level design. Mario is meant to be more run and jump.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5954

I don't get it... but this is how it is: NSMBW is on track to be the fastest-selling Wii game of all time.

Actually it makes a lot of sense: There's SO much time in-between major releases on the Wii that ANY title could be the fastest selling Wii game of all time.

I'm surprised that Super Mario Galaxy didn't sell more than Wii Fit and Mario Kart. Probably because there's no multiplayer element?

Who knows..

Back