• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hole in radiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They make things for car radiators that you pour into the rad and it seals leaks, but I wouldn't trust that on a computer rad really. A rad shop could fix it, but would probably cost more than just getting a new one considering a new 220 is only 40 bucks.

That or if you can see it, you could maybe burn the pain off the radiator, and try dripping some solder on it. Dont know how it would go, but its worth a shot if nothing better comes up?

It all depend where this hole is located. if there is good access it should be possible to fix it but no way you can do it alone at home as it require special tools and material for good welding.
If your rad have tubes from brass or copper you can try luck to ask in some repair shop (it should not be expensive IF you manage find someone that could do it), if its from aluminum, then forget it and get new because welding Al is royal pain.

Most likely I would think his hole is right under where you screw fans in. I did this a little bit ago and some jb weld fixed it right up. I have been running the rad ever since (it is external though).

JB Weld has been used a lot to fix watercooling rads. Depends where the hole is.

WC rads are low pressure, JB weld is just fine, as long as you can scrape the paint off and get a good seal.

Thx for the advice guys! I screwed my fan in without the shroud on it and poked a hole in the Rad. ****ed me off, i've been cleaning my system up and now i will be down untill mid week because I just don't trust anything because this rad hangs over my MOBO at the top of the case and the hole is right next to my CPU socket... UGH!!!! I will one day try to fix this and maybe put it in my wife's pc, but for now I will order a new one i think... =(

Back