• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wanting to start moding...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't think its a real good idea to paint fans. A little too much paint on one blade and you throw off the balance. of course, if you are a real good painter maybe you can get them exact.

if you want to paint your fans, get yourself a spraybomb, remove your fan from the case and tape anywhere you don't want paint to go. Then start lightly dusting your fan w/ the paint, being careful not to put too much on, and not rushing yourself. That way you'll get an even coat, and no off-balance fans.

As long as you don't get any big drips, balance won't be too big of a deal. I painted my CPU fan, and haven't had any probs, but it is a fairly low RPM fan.

I did mine 2 colors, blades chrome, and casing green(to match case). If you do that:
First paint the blades, don't worry about masking for when you paint the blades. After blades are COMPLETELY Dry, mask them off and paint the rest. Have fun, painted fans add a real nice touch if you do them well.

You don't take the fans apart, you just have to mask different parts off with masking tape.

Chrome paint does come in a normal spraycan, but it doesn't look like real chrome.
I think you might be able to make it look like Chrome if you put a gloss clear coat over the top of it. I haven't tried that yet though.

It's easy to find on the paint shelf, look for a shiny lid.

Back