• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Services

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woodzy

Which services can i disable and have no side effects?

Attachments

• Services 1.jpg
    Services 1.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Services 2.jpg
    Services 2.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I suggest leaving the services alone. Nothing but problems will be gained by playing with them.

Yeah, performance differences are negligable...good call. But hey, he asked a question and we gave him the answer! :)

Thanks guys, so simple answer, its not worth it? i wont notice any difference in performance?

This should be posted in the Microsoft forum. You'll get much better advice there. This forum is for *nix users (which includes OSX).

You can pm a mod to ask them to move the thread over.

I don't have a lot of MS experience, but I have successfully pared down services on slower systems. It's a bit complex though, you need to find a website to guide you, and if you aren't sure if you can remove it, don't. MS by default starts everything, and that can definitely waste resources. On a fast system, like a C2 Duo/Quad, Phenom, i7, etc., it should not matter much though. On a netbook, it can defnitely be worth it.

Back