• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flemeth (Dragon Age--*SPOILERS*)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iLoki

Grabbed the Black Grimoire from the Circle tower for Morrigan, she's happy, we "warm up" her tent and so forth. I leave camp, do a few things, she speaks to me about Flemeth and how she has "survived" the multiple centuries that she has.

Morrigan asks me to kill Flemeth. I do a few more things, and I decide to go give it a shot. I'm lvl 12/11 for the party. I get there, and she obliterates me. Literally, I last maybe 30 seconds with Wynne trying to heal. (Trying... she barely has time to get any off)

My party consists of my char, a DPS warrior, Shale, Leliana and Wynne. Leliana is dual weilding, I have not tried leaving her as an archer yet.

I'm playing on the normal difficulty and I really don't wanna wuss out and go to easy for this fight. I will only do so if I can't beat it any other way after trying many, many, many more times than I currently have.

My question-- Who has beat her, and how did you do so? Also, out of curiosity has anybody tried to pickpocket the key from her?

She's probably the hardest boss in the game, she probably has a little bit of Captain Janeway in her. I had trouble even on easy, it was insane. Make sure Wynne does not die. I managed to keep her alive and would use revival when all of my party members were downed. It can revive multiple members if they are within it's aoe.

Almost killed her last night (I'm playing on Easy) as a level 9 mage, level 8 for the rest of the party (Alistair tanking -- hardly), Lel as archer, and Wynne healing. Got to the bottom of her bar then I died and so did Wynne shortly after. I think take a couple of fire protection/resistsance pots and go at it again. I'm thinking about taking the assassin/rogue guy and putting him behind her as long as he doesn't pull aggro he can keep some consistent dps on her without taking damage and making it one less target to heal.

I beat her.
Forcefield is the best spell ever. My Alister is a pretty solid tank, so he could take her normal hits (wearing juggarnaught armor). When he got hit by the massive attacks I would just cast force field on alister, I mean I suppose then he can't use any of his abilities, but he is also invincible.

I used health pots but no fire protection pots.

I did this on medium, I don't think it would work on easy as easy does not allow for friendly fire. (and friendly fire with force field is needed for my strategy)

My party: Wynn, Me(dual wield dwarf warrior), Alister (Tank), Leliana (archer)

with the exception of the tank, I would try to use all ranged. Melee gets hit too much with bashes (my main character died once)

She's probably the hardest boss in the game, she probably has a little bit of Captain Janeway in her. I had trouble even on easy, it was insane. Make sure Wynne does not die. I managed to keep her alive and would use revival when all of my party members were downed. It can revive multiple members if they are within it's aoe.

I kicked her butt first time, wasn't a whole lot to it, nothing special. I did wait until right before beating the game to do it though so I was pretty leveled up. My party was my rogue elf, Morrigan, Wynne and Leliana.

I thought you couldn't take Morrigan with you to do it? She said she was afraid that Flemeth would attempt to possess her if you brought her with you...

I thought you couldn't take Morrigan with you to do it? She said she was afraid that Flemeth would attempt to possess her if you brought her with you...

Yeah thats what she told me as well, because if you bring Morrigan there is a chance that Flemath will invade her body.

You're right, my bad, that was my normal party lineup. I took the dwarf guy with me instead of her. I tried to avoid using Alister at all costs, he's such a whiny little prick.

FWIW I thought that the big fat tentacled nasty in the dwarf caves was tougher than Flemeth.

Flemeth is easier than the other dragon mainly because she doesn't move.
I did Flemeth with 2 melee + Liliana as archer + Wynne, the other dragon with 1 melee + Liliana + Wynne + Morrigan

Anyway, generally speaking:
1) Only want one melee guy on a dragon, because alot of their attacks are AOE, and you probably will have difficulty keeping up with the healing otherwise (learned this when Flemeth-fighting)
1a) Preferably your tank should be able to resist stuns and knockdowns, so 2H-Indomitable or Shield-Shield Wall+Mastery(?).
2) Make sure you have a ton of potions, and have your tank drinking them.
3) Also mana pots for your healer.
4) If you get hit by the grapple (om nom nom), either make sure your healer(s) can keep up through the damage OR have spells that can interrupt.
5) Keep healing

Also, Liliana is speced as an archer, why are you dual-wielding her?

I still think making the tank invincible is the best solution to her om nom nom attack.

Last edited:
Flemeth is easier than the other dragon mainly because she doesn't move.
I did Flemeth with 2 melee + Liliana as archer + Wynne, the other dragon with 1 melee + Liliana + Wynne + Morrigan

Anyway, generally speaking:
1) Only want one melee guy on a dragon, because alot of their attacks are AOE, and you probably will have difficulty keeping up with the healing otherwise (learned this when Flemeth-fighting)
1a) Preferably your tank should be able to resist stuns and knockdowns, so 2H-Indomitable or Shield-Shield Wall+Mastery(?).
2) Make sure you have a ton of potions, and have your tank drinking them.
3) Also mana pots for your healer.
4) If you get hit by the grapple (om nom nom), either make sure your healer(s) can keep up through the damage OR have spells that can interrupt.
5) Keep healing

SPOLIER ALERT BELOW: If you have not beat the game, avert your eyes!

Other dragon? There's actually 3. Flemeth, the one in the lower left-hand corner of the map and the main boss. The main boss was tough the first time I fought him, then I found he's easy to beat by running around to the big arrow launcher things and just downing him with ranged attacks that way. There's one arrow launcher for each of his three locations he flies between.

SPOLIER ALERT BELOW: If you have not beat the game, avert your eyes!

Other dragon? There's actually 3. Flemeth, the one in the lower left-hand corner of the map and the main boss. The main boss was tough the first time I fought him, then I found he's easy to beat by running around to the big arrow launcher things and just downing him with ranged attacks that way. There's one arrow launcher for each of his three locations he flies between.

I'm not sure if I was too low for Flemeth the first time so I didn't kill her but just talked and took the Grimore. Also I didn't have Wynne in my party so I didn't have a controller/healer with me, which didn't help at all.

Dragon 1: Flemeth, Dragon 2: High Dragon at the Urn of Sacred Ashes, Dragon 3: Archdemon.

The archdemon I took down pretty easily. Don't forget you can call in reinforcements when you get to the roof of Fort Drakon. Steel Golems are beasts...

That's like saying Morrigan has to be a shapeshifter and we all know that's not a good idea. Although archers in this game aren't as bad as people say, but I don't think of them as the main dps.

That's like saying Morrigan has to be a shapeshifter and we all know that's not a good idea. Although archers in this game aren't as bad as people say, but I don't think of them as the main dps.
Except Morrigan has one point in shapeshifting. So she's not really a shapeshifter even though she claims she is :p

Liliana has nothing in the melee line, and plus archers aren't as bad as evreyone says (unlike shiftshaping). Good, constant DPS without any risk of drawing attention (my mages draw more attention), and they have some good skills - ie scattershot litterly hits evreyone (even if you can't keep them perma stunned like the AI archer mobs - those are annoying). And with the interrupt arrows, she can keep a single dangerous target locked down forever.

Also allows you to spec into ranger - which is a really awesome and overlooked specialization (also since dualist/assassin are useless for an archer). Bear and/or spider are awesome. Bear has a bajillion hitpoints, and is really really fat (better than two guys for blocking choke points), the spider has overwhelm (pretty much insta-KO) + web. If one of them drops in a long battle, call in the other.

Let me clarify with Leliana -- I don't have any skills in DW, they're all in Rogue and in Archery, and I usually just let her use her daggers because I like some of the rogue skills.

I'm gonna level a bit, maybe to 15 or 16 before I give it another shot, and I normally use Shale as my tank, since he kicks some *** and can take quite a bit of damage. (He certainly seems to hold up much better than Alastair...) My PC is usually the main melee dps and/or off-tank as the situation calls for. Maybe I'll switch Shale out for somebody else and I'll do the tanking..

So I had Morrigan with my when I met Wynne for the first time, and I hadn't read up on the game too much... anyways, Wynne is dead and Morrigan is my healer/CC... am I screwed for this fight?

I used the main character (human mage), Leliana in archer mode, Wynne for healing, and Alistair as sword and board. Alistair takes most of the damage. When he dies, if you're doing your job, the dragon will just try to kill the PC you're controlling. This strategy worked well at level 8, though it took some time.

Spread out your characters so that if you get targeted, the fireball won't hit others.
Send Alistair out to distract the dragon.
Make sure you have everyone holding position.
Alistair dies, dragon turns attention to you.
Make sure you've equipped plenty of +Ice magic and +fire resist items.
Stand there and spam cast your lowest level ice spell (I can't remember the name of it)
The dragon will do one of two things: Pull you towards it, or hurl fireballs at you.
Keep your health up, attack it when you can, and try to hold aggro to keep your healer and archer from dying.

Took about 20 minutes, but once I got the system down it worked well.

Back