• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD 3650 AGP x8 questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rixon

Hello all, new here
I have a few questions about the HD 3650(512mb DDR2) AGP x8. I am running it on a 450watt psu, AMD XP 2600 oc'd to 2.14ghz, 1.5gb of DDR ram.

I just recently got one and all is good, but it is running fairly hot even at zero gpu load. GPU-Z tells me it averages 43c at a fan speed of 53%, not oc'd. Running 722mhz core, and 396mhz memory. I have been changing static fan speed in Riva Tuner, and I am wondering what is a safe fan speed to run at for long periods of time? I have seen high temps running benchmarks with Crysis and 3ds at about 70% load at 58-67c.

Thanks

Edit: Does anyone have any info on this? I really would like to find a stable fan speed.

Last edited:
Your temps are fine , you have nothing to worry about , for me optimum GPU temperature is about 70 c , but even higher temps are ok . you are more likely to achieve a higher overclock with lower temps tho .

Thanks, I was looking into over clocking it once I get another case fan to draw air away from it. Hopefully that will allow me to get up to 750/450

duddee... your fine .. i never go above 60 on my ati 3650.. hmm although you COULD get a better case for better airflow

Back