• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Office 2010 Beta available

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dang, just finished downloading, gotta uninstall my Office 2007 Enterprise first because it's 32 bit. I'll post back later on with some impressions. I doubt I'll notice much as I barely use Office as is.

im downloading it now. i saw this post after i started downloading it. i was just going to post the same thing! 72%... 76%... 99%... DONE!

hope it doesnt corrupt office 2003... skipped 07 cause it seemed too bloated :) like all MS products

Last edited:
If your running another Office suite that is 32 bit and you download the 64 bit you have uninstall. Not sure if you use both at 32 bit.

I thought about trying it, but I don't use office apps much. I'm just staying with OO. It does everything I need without licensing hassles.

Office 07 has put me off MS Office. 2003 was the best MS came up with, lost my install disk though so have converted to OpenOffice 3.1. It does everything I need.

2003 was good, except for learning new ways to do the old stuff in 07 (which you have to do with windows 7 anyway) I have no problems with Office 07. I also got the beta email for 2010, too busy to care about trying it out though.

Anyone actually tried this? Don't want to make myself reinstall 07 (and re-update it) if there isn't a pretty good improvement.

i got to the bottom corner of excel 03 about 1 1/2 years ago :p right after i got the computer im running now.

i just finalyl got 2010, some nice new feature but the color scheme....just looks plain....greyish.....office 2007 was nice and blue :)

same goes with ie8...looks too grey compared the nice bluish ie7

also whats the advantage of x64 office to a normal person who has never used more than a 50x50 excell sheet?

firefox in vista and win7 is blue too. ie7 and 8 look the same to me except the tabs go in instead of out. i dont use it so i dont know anything else. :O

Back