• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you use SpeedFan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nucro

Probably you have heard about this program before but just wanted to inform who still don't know this program which allows you to control the speed of the fans . speedfan

This is the real thing!

No hack jobs with toggle switches and other stuff to control fans, or the professional hack job DigilDoc5 ;)

This thing basically can read internal CPU temp and internal HDD temp, which can't be replaced by external sensors like on DigilDoc. By the time it senses CPU warm up it will be too late to spin the fan up, as ideally with internal CPU sensor the fan would go on even before the heat sink gets a chance to go up in temperature.

Motherboard headers also vary speed, which is irreplaceable; why blast fans at full power when only say 40% will do the job.

I have mine setup so when CPU temp rises the CPU fan will speed up, and when HDD warms up above 30c all case fans come on and get it down, which almost never happens.

This is how real thermal control should be, configurable via software, flexible, and operating without user intervention!

Speedfan abso-fuggin-lutely ROCKS! Best piece of free software I've used in awhile. For people who overclock (like me) and HATE noise (like me), it is DA BOMB. System is nice and quiet while doing stuff like posting here, but fans pick up speed when they need to.

I'd use it but I'm too used to hearing the sound of my fans. I can tell when one is on it's last legs. If I use a proggie like speed fan, I'd be constantly thinking my CPU fan was failing. i've become accustomed to the hum of my room, if anything throws that off, I know something is wrong.

Back