• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1080p mouse lag ingame and out w/ 8800gt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

usp8riot

Hardware in the sig. It seems any 16:9 ratio output makes my mouse lag, even with games which should be no problem like Open Arena, W:ET, etc. It's not a big deal in desktop but with twitchy FPS's, it's a big problem. Anyone have suggestions? TV is a 46" Sharp I recently bought which I wouldn't think would be the problem. FPS seems good with the games but it's just input lag, it seems.

your using the 120hz or motion plus(or what ever they call it) options? this gives you the sens of input lag...

your using the 120hz or motion plus(or what ever they call it) options? this gives you the sens of input lag...

that could be it right there... turn your 120hz stuff off and any other image enhancement things. But the problem is some LCD HDTV's they just inherently have a decent amount of input lag.

Ok, thanks guys. On my TV, it's called "fine motion enhanced". I thought I had it off at one point when fiddling with the TV settings. But I just tried it off with OpenArena and AVA. Seems to work a lot better now. I thought at one point I had it off AVA wasn't as twitchy as I'd like so I had to turn off antialiasing. Stepping up from 1680x1050 to 1080p makes me realize I'm probably due for a new gpu which otherwise my 8800 would've sufficed for the games I play.

Back