• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell Inspiron 6000 just shuts off?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sulretal

Hi,

So for awhile my dell 6000 has not been registering the battery. that was alright to me. This just meant that when I unplugged the laptop, It wouldnt register as in unplugged mode(so pc would just shut off when battery dies).

Well last night when I turned on my laptop, the orange battery light wouldnt stop blinking (never did this before). My computer stayed on but it ran really really slow, and when I unplugged the cord the laptop turned off.

So I took out the battery, and just used the a/c plug to power it(like desktops are), and it was working for a while, except now it randomly shuts off.(which is why im saving and editing this so much). So now the laptop runs slow and shuts off when the battery is in, and shuts off randomly when the battery is out.

This sounds bad, any advice though?

Might be a bad A/C adaptor. I would buy one that is 100% compatible with your dell laptop and see if that helps any.

Might be a bad A/C adaptor. I would buy one that is 100% compatible with your dell laptop and see if that helps any.

Oh! Guess I could order a new one.

When the laptop battery is in, the pc does work though. I'm using it right now like that, it's just going really really slow. Even the cursor lags (I have a gig of ram).

Your battery might be fine. In that case I would definitely get a new A/C adapter (dell branded) and ebay has them cheaper than dell (or get a Targus brand universal adapter).

Ye I'd agree with Hatter, if your A/C is faulty in any way, as soon as that stops working (if even for a minute) then your laptop would have no power source what-so-ever, as the battery is out as well, so it would just cut out. Although bear in mind it could be the "Female" end (The hole in the laptop your A/C cable -The "Male" end- plugs into) So once you've bought the new A/C cable, if it still doesn't work, then you might be buggered... Unless you can find someone who can install a new Female socket in your laptop. :)

Charlie

Back