• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Error? PXE-E53 and PXE-MOF ??? Help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

Hi..I have never seen these errors before. I was shutting down my computer, and it popped up a Shellmon error I believe..Or Shell error inside an older looking basic MS Window.

I restarted my computer. and read the following as it tried to start up but didn't

Client MAC ADDR: followed by an alphanumeric sequence GUID: followed by a series of F's...so FFFFFF-FFFF(the 4Fs were repeated 4 times)-FFFFFFFFFF

PXE-E53: No boot filename received

PXE-MOF: Exiting NVIDIA Boot Agent

Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter

I didn't know what to do, never having seen this.
I manuall turned the computer off, let it sit for a few seconds, restarted no problems.

ANY IDEAS???

Is this a warning of bad things to come in the near future w/my mobo or something else??

Thanks in advance.

Check the boot order, and make sure the boot drive is listed as the first boot device. Or if that fails, try resetting CMOS.

I saw some PXE errors when tried a SATA drive and switched between regular IDE mode and AHCI mode. Actually with my ECS GeForce 6100SM-M mobo, the BIOS didn't explicitly mention AHCI but enabled it when RAID was turned on.

Back