• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Damned Nigerians are on E-bay too

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FudgeNuggets

I had my PSP up for sale on there and got a final sale price of $168. As soon as I got the e-mail from the bidder, there it was a fracking Nigerian address. I immediately fired off an e-mail to E-bay and 48hrs later they sent me a "gee, be careful you may get scammed e-mail" and yanked my listing even though I had made a second chance offer to another legit bidder. I'm a little grumpy over it right now. They'd better not charge me for the listing.

Geez that doesn't surprise me. eBay doesn't read the email. They probably outsourced CS to somewhere in India and those Indians (not American Indians mind you) can only read a few English words. They see "Nigeria" and sends off canned "be careful" email that is completely useless.

sucks to be someone legit in Nigeria....

Dear Esteemed Mr. Jodeymueller,

I read your forum posting on the United States website www.overclockers.com with great interest. I am Prince Mugatu, of the Nigerian royal family and one of the most esteemed and legitimate Nigerian citizens. It has come to the attention of our most honorable legal counsel and solicitors that a sum of $10,000,000 needs a transfer intermediary. A standard 10% transfer royalty will be remitted to you upon completion of the venture. If you would like to serve as such an intermediary, kindly remit your full name, social security number, date of birth, and bank account number. We most look forward to doing business with you.

May God smile upon our venture together,
Prince Sir Dr. Mugatu, Esq., Phd.

Mods-
This above is a joke. Please don't ban me :)

Last edited:
Well I got an e-mail from E-bay and it told me to just go do the live chat thing. When I did it and saw the name pop up I immediately went to the facepalm because it was an obvious Indian name. To my EXTREME surprise, she was very knowledgeable and helpful. Even gave me a link on how to prevent lamers from bidding. That was the first time I've ever had good customer support by somebody in India.

An Indian that can speak good English???

Now I have seen it all....

errrrr... Don't you mean: An Indian that can speak English well?

Their thick accents make them tough to understand but actually until not too long ago, India was under British control. They all can read and speak English well if they are educated.

I just get angry when they're given scripts to read from and totally do not know which direction to go when you throw them a curveball that is not on their script. Well that and that greedy corporations take away domestic jobs by paying them a fraction of what a domestic worker would get paid.

errrrr... Don't you mean: An Indian that can speak English well?

Well... I was never that good with grammar. One of the disadvantage of being born deaf and not learning English until about 4 years old, my language skill tended to slip into Engrish-esque grammar. :cool:

If you call for support for any company and are able to tell you are speaking to a rep in India, that rep will very likely be fired and/or fined pretty soon. India has laws that require phone reps to be fluent in English and have little to no accent while on the phone.

My last employer had offices in India. I found this out from the trainers we flew there to set the place up.

If you do get someone with a very thick accent they are probably working for an outsourcer in the USA.

Hey, I had someone from the Middle East help me yesterday on Logitech's telephone support. Spoke well, very knowledgeable and kind. +1 to whoever the heck it was though.

Dear Esteemed Mr. Jodeymueller,

I read your forum posting on the United States website www.overclockers.com with great interest. I am Prince Mugatu, of the Nigerian royal family and one of the most esteemed and legitimate Nigerian citizens. It has come to the attention of our most honorable legal counsel and solicitors that a sum of $10,000,000 needs a transfer intermediary. A standard 10% transfer royalty will be remitted to you upon completion of the venture. If you would like to serve as such an intermediary, kindly remit your full name, social security number, date of birth, and bank account number. We most look forward to doing business with you.

May God smile upon our venture together,
Prince Sir Dr. Mugatu, Esq., Phd.

LMAO!!! Nice one!

Mods-
This above is a joke. Please don't ban me :)

Back