• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new case for an i5 setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FudgeNuggets

I'm biting the bullet after Christmas and building an i5 setup. One thing that has REALLY spoiled me about my Mac is how small and quiet it is. A guy I work with says he has a case that is built like a mini-refrigerator almost so it hardly lets any noise out and doesn't rattle at all. However, he paid nearly $200 for it. I'm not even wanting to spend half that. What would be a good small footprint case to allow enough cooling to get 4ghz out of the i5? The smaller the better. I don't need 10 internal and external drive bays.

I'm biting the bullet after Christmas and building an i5 setup. One thing that has REALLY spoiled me about my Mac is how small and quiet it is. A guy I work with says he has a case that is built like a mini-refrigerator almost so it hardly lets any noise out and doesn't rattle at all. However, he paid nearly $200 for it. I'm not even wanting to spend half that. What would be a good small footprint case to allow enough cooling to get 4ghz out of the i5? The smaller the better. I don't need 10 internal and external drive bays.

Micro or Full ATX?

Antec P183 for full and Mini 180 for micro.. both have 3 speed high quality antec fans and both cases are dead silent.

Micro or Full ATX?

Antec P183 for full and Mini 180 for micro.. both have 3 speed high quality antec fans and both cases are dead silent.

Looks like it's a micro atx board. Oooooooh, that p180 is nice. I don't care at all about case bling. That is a definite frontrunner but if I could go cheaper that would be nice too.

Badda Bing!!! Found a white version of the p180 for $45 after MIR. MINE!!!!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...29044&cm_re=antec_p180-_-11-129-044-_-Product

Last edited:
Back