• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modern warfare 2 LAG problem ?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cogman

im running modern warfare 2 on my ati radeon 2650 256mb on HIGH settings.. not EXTRA, and it was lagging about so i tried to lower the settings and still lagged.. so then again.. i made all the setting deafult
( low settings, low reso etc) and it STILL lagged?!?!? :shrug:

any ideas what hardware i need to upgrade.. my pc's specs are in my sig.

thanks

Welcome to Infinity Wards "matchmaking" system.... With NO dedicate servers, your gonna get this "type" of issue...

I am confused, are we talking about lag, as in time signal time to get from client to host, or are we talking about low framerates?

If we are talking about lag...well there really is not much you can do about that with IWs system.

If we are talking about framerates then you could benefit from a better video card, the ATI 5770s are reasonbly priced and would be a significant upgrade for you.

Its singleplayer lag.. Multiplayer is absolutly fine with me.. singleplayer is just not in the mood

How would you run it in directx9 mode?, i mean theres no option where you get to pick in the options menu :S

There is no such thing as lag in single player. Your game could be stuttering or you might be getting low frames per second.

...Just to avoid confusion.

Do you have latest drivers for everything?
What fps are you getting in the game? You could probably unlock the console, or use fraps or a similar utility to check.

im running modern warfare 2 on my ati radeon 2650 256mb on HIGH settings.. not EXTRA, and it was lagging about so i tried to lower the settings and still lagged.. so then again.. i made all the setting deafult
( low settings, low reso etc) and it STILL lagged?!?!? :shrug:

any ideas what hardware i need to upgrade.. my pc's specs are in my sig.

thanks

Your vid card only has 256mb worth of RAM... I would start RIGHT THERE.

You can pick up a decent card with AT LEAST 512mb of RAM for uder 100 bucks.

Next stop would be the processor of course. But I'd say start with the video card.

256mb of RAM is so... "2002."

i was thinking of getting a Ati radeon 4670 super 512mb but i got confused with all the MSI 4670 and the asus 4670 and ati, then powercolour ... whats the difference? are they all the same though?

i was eyeballing this one though
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/178946# any good??

i know its cheap but hey.. im only 14 and its hard to get 200 pound for one of the ATI 5000 series, and also 50 british pounds is reasonable since i live in the UK

i was eyeballing this one though
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/178946# any good??

i know its cheap but hey.. im only 14 and its hard to get 200 pound for one of the ATI 5000 series, and also 50 british pounds is reasonable since i live in the UK

Yeah they're all the same. That one should be as good as any other.

The thing about MW2 is it loads a large amount of textures into memory. And because you don't HAVE that much memory, that means the game is constantly playing catch-up with itself.

512mb should be sufficient. I've got 896 myself.

On lower settings it really doesn't demand that much raw GPU processing power... but it does need the memory for loading textures.

im not sure what you guys are talking about but if its only via singleplayer I dont think its the card + I can play i on my older 256mb card with no issues. If multiplayer is fine single player should be aswell on the same settings?

im not sure what you guys are talking about but if its only via singleplayer I dont think its the card + I can play i on my older 256mb card with no issues. If multiplayer is fine single player should be aswell on the same settings?

You don't share the same specs he does. And he IS talking about single player... not multi player. We've already established, re-established, and re-RE-established that.

If I put a 256mb card in my system with my 4.6ghz E8400 and 4 gigs of DDR2 ram... I'm sure I'd still be doing just FINE in COD4.

He doesn't *have* any of that though.

So if he's talking about upgrading on a budget, then at least a bit more RAM for textures would have him sitting better than where he is now. I already explained how, at the lower settings, not having a lot of GPU processing power won't matter as much.

At least he'll be able to load more textures... which will stop the stuttering.

You don't share the same specs he does. And he IS talking about single player... not multi player. We've already established, re-established, and re-RE-established that.
He said it works fine in multiplayer //// but the issue is in singleplayer which i already said.

Back