• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

newegg 10% Bing cashback missing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dito

i was going to buy something at newegg. went to bing to get my 10%, but now can't see newegg ANYWHERE on bing, NO bing cashback?! anyone else having the same issues or just me??

saw the 10% link, continued to newegg, placed order, order went through, but don't see ANY cashback verification, i hope this isnt going to be a problem...???

i got 10% earlier today on the lite-on blu-ray drives they are selling for $49.99, bought 2 for 99.99 got 10.00 bing back, showing as pending on my bing account.

make sure you check prices on other sites first!

a couple sites jacked theere prices up for this cash back and in the end you pay MORE then normal with the cash back, so don't just think %10 awesome, check prices on other sites, also go directly to sites url like www.newegg.com and browse the item that way as well, clearing any cookies if you went in via a bing URL.

Yup. The 'easiest' way to make sure prices aren't jacked up just because you came from Bing is to have two different browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome etc) not just two browser windows of the same browser. Clear cookies in one and use that to check the site directly, use the other to go through Bing. It's very rare for the post-Bing CB price to actually be *higher* but some sites have been known to jack up prices when there's a bigger Bing cashback %. Supposedly MS looks in to it and tries to keep vendors in line.

http://bountii.com/blog/2009/11/23/negative-cashback-from-bing-cashback/

In a recent post that Microsoft made me take down, I wrote about some security holes in Bing Cashback. While technical flaws are somewhat interesting to me, most Bountii users don’t really care about them. Starting today, I’ll write about some non-technical flaws in Bing Cashback.

My biggest problem with Bing Cashback is a hidden “feature” that I’m calling “negative cashback.” Here’s a quick demo:

Back