• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

brand of rounded cables

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phungilax

i was wondering if the brand of rounded cables matter. i've seen coolmasters vantec, and others. i'm thinking any type of ata 100 rounded cable will perform equally as well as the other.

?????

i think i may pick up some vantec cables if brand doesn't matter. if brand does matter, i gotta have the best, lol :D

phungilax said:
i was wondering if the brand of rounded cables matter. i've seen coolmasters vantec, and others. i'm thinking any type of ata 100 rounded cable will perform equally as well as the other.

?????

i think i may pick up some vantec cables if brand doesn't matter. if brand does matter, i gotta have the best, lol :D

I can't see how that would matter,I bought fdd & hdd cables from different vendors,and they all have worked fine,and I just got ones that were the right length and color for my needs,and as long as they work,and price,and as long as they are 80 wire(ata100),which most rounded are.look here newegg has some good one too

Last edited:
i'm assuming that that is the antec sx1030 case or something similiar. i have a similar case to yours. what length did you get, 18 or 24?

thats a great looking interior. rounded cables and some zippys clear those wires right up

Back